Decorative Doors

Reaction score
    I've searched the forums and can't find anything that would ask what I'm looking for, but what about getting some decorative doors into the game? Plex doors that don't open.

Make a ship seem bigger than it really is by having an entryway blocked off? There could be more of the ship, but it's locked off. Like many first person shooters out there, rooms, hallways, entire buildings are purely cosmetic because the doors to access them aren't usable. I feel like instead of having massive, massive hallways and corridors with no doors (or many doors all of which have rooms that must be individually created), false doors could replace them.

Or, should that fail, how do y'all go about creating the illusion of a larger ship? Putting area trigger blocks in front of the doors as to prevent the player from opening/closing them?

Reaction score
    rooms that must be individually created
    You may want to check out the copy/paste and symmetry functions of the advanced build mode, it can really help with tasks like this.
    If you do a customization pass after pasting, they don't all have to be exact lookalikes, but you still can quickly and easily create many rooms and other features that way.
    Plus you'll have a structure that doesn't need to rely on smoke and mirrors.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Decorative doors, I don't really see the point. However, the ability to actually lock doors would serve the same function.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Suggestion:
    Learn to use rail doors. (These are doors that are actually separate entities that are attached and move via the rail system.)

Use them extensively at the "entry point" of a station or other structure, to establish what a door will look like in that build. Then feel free to place rail doors that don't move. You can decorate them however you wish, including glass and plex/blast door blocks, they cannot be opened manually, and you can easily create doors that won't open with a simple "push".

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Door blocks can always be opened manually. That is the problem.