deadthread

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    That's fascinating and just another reason why I'll never "upgrade" to Windows 8. Sticking with 7 until Microsoft gets it together. Which is probably never considering how Microsoft is pretty much in the business equivalent of stage 1 cancer.

Anyway, glad to hear you fixed your problems. Hopefully the dev team will be able to fix this issue for other users who won't downgrade, if it's something on Star Made's end.

Reactions: aceface
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Hey, it's not 8, it's 8.1. 8.1 sucks. Never use 8.1. Lesson learned? Good. :P
    Windows 8 works fine for basically everything, the only exceptions being very old games that probably don't work on windows 7 either.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    That's fascinating and just another reason why I'll never "upgrade" to Windows 8. Sticking with 7 until Microsoft gets it together. Which is probably never considering how Microsoft is pretty much in the business equivalent of stage 1 cancer.

Anyway, glad to hear you fixed your problems. Hopefully the dev team will be able to fix this issue for other users who won't downgrade, if it's something on Star Made's end.
    I personally prefer 8 to 7 because it looks more stylish, but it really annoys me that starmade went clusterflunk with 8.1. I mean I can now with the exact same hardware load a 6 million block ship + 2x 1 million block ships! it's so strange!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I would suggest changing the thread title to something that indicates the issue at hand, so people who use windows 8 may notice it.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I always find it amusing/annoying when people complain about FPS drops when it is still at completely playable levels. This happened all the time in minecraft, "OH I used to get 300FPS now I only get 250, this update is bullshit" And there is me, I am happy when my FPS stays above 15.

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I am happy when my FPS stays above 15.
    I know that feel bro!
    Another way to improve your fps is outsourcing! I used to play with a fps of 15-20 on my computer. But I started a dedicated server on my laptop (which is even more crappy than my computer) and now I can play with a solid framerate of 60.
    I know its not really a practicable way if you don't have another pc/laptop around. But if you have, try it! ;)

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Merp, too late; IMO Windows 8.1 is an improvement in all areas besides apparently this anyway. Let's hope that the next update fixes this. :p

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    crap now the fps is like before again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yes; now stop spamming emoticons, AceFace. Just because you have the word 'face' in your username doesn't mean you get to cover a thread in faces. :P

Reaction score
    • Arrrty Gold
    Oh, I so that's what the face beside the image embedding is for.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Mod edit: please do not spam like this. Thanks. -fire

Last edited by a moderator:

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8

It's taking just as much space as any message and is only one message.
    It was completely useless, and took up as much space as a massive suggestion post. And why did you have to reply to a mod complaint with a massive, somewhat whiny image?

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Pointless posts are spam, regardless of size.