Dead planets and treasure!

Reaction score
    It really annoys me how perfectly good planets get devoured by people with salvagers! why shouldn't the good planets be a minority?

The idea being that the majority of planets should be barren and dead, devoid of flora or fauna, and its surface will be mostly rock with a few little minerals.

A new kind of minority world would be the Treasure planet wich has a very exotic environment but is extremely rich in resources and the claiming of one is broadcasted across the galaxy so that all the factions know of the discovery of the deathly rare planet, Then for your riches you could be assaulted by enemys!

Reactions: Ithirahad

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well, right now there really aren't any "perfectly good planets" due to the lag involved.

I'd love to make a planet base, with a space elevator, and all that, but its not worth it with how much lag taking large ships near planets causes. Plus, planets are the most efficient way to gather resources. You can get in 15 minutes what would have taken you an hour of asteroid hopping.

I don't think planets are going to be viable as anything but starter bases and strip mining until we:

1) Get the server lag under control.
    2) Find a way to extract minerals from planets without strip mining them.