Data Log: Contact

Reaction score
    A little something I cooked up. Enjoy! ;)

/Hyperspace jump…entry 459

/Mission… Investigation of outer rim disturbances; plausible attacks from pirates.

/Transcription of audio…

Higgins: “Exiting hyperspace in 5…4…3…2… Hyperspace exited.”

Radcliff: “Captain, wreckage located at three o’clock right, four o’clock down.”

Peterson: “Any signs of life?”

Radcliff: “Negative, decompression of interior. No survivors. Wreckage identified. I.D. scans as the Ironclad.”

Higgins: “Ironclad? That’s a Destroyer-Class! Nothing short of a small asteroid-!”

Peterson: “Cut the chatter. Raise shields and reroute power to all guns. Keep scanning and search for survivors.”

Tethrop: “Acknowledged. Power is rerouted. Guns online and shields raised.”

Peterson: “Remember, pirates may be lurking-,”

Radcliff: “Unknown signature detected, just outside of range.”

Peterson: “EVAC Beacon?”

Radcliff: “No, sir. Large mass, high levels of energy. It’s operable and its moving toward us!”

Peterson: “Prepare all guns. Lock onto the vessel and fire warning shots. Let them know who they're dealing with.”

Tethrop: “Shots fired. One round from the side guns. Missed target by 100 meters.”

Peterson: “Good. That should let them know-,”

Radcliff: “Mass is accelerating straight towards us. Coming in hot!”

Higgins: “They're charging us!? What pirate charges a warship?”

Radcliff: “This is not a pirate. Power readings indicate different vessel.”

Peterson: “I do not have a visual on target. How big?”

Radcliff: “Scans indicate the vessel is at least a hundred meters long and fifty high. It's massive!”

Peterson: “A capital ship? But we should see it.”

Higgins: “Sir, those stars are moving...Sir?”

Peterson: “Those aren't stars.”

Higgins: “Wait! I got multiple hyperspace readings! Space contortion is happening all around us!”

Radcliff: “More vessels! I've got 10 more signatures-23- no wait, 35!- 78! Sir, there are four- eight! There are eight full fleets! They're still coming!!”

Peterson: “Dear god... Power down the ship! All arms, all shields, power them down!!”

Tethrop: “All systems are powering down, sir! Life support and gravity are still on-line!”

Higgins: “What!? We're sitting ducks!! We need to get into hyperspace!”

Radcliff: “No! There are too many, over 300 ships. We make a move and we die.”

Higgins: “We're dead if we sit here!!”

Peterson: “Radcliff is right. If we're seen as a threat, they will fire.”

Higgins: “But we need to- Holy mother...”

/Readings from ship's log indicate unknown signature 10 meters from the nose of the ship. Abnormal energy rising...

Radcliff: “Sir... Energy from surrounding ships are building... They're armed.”

Peterson: “We will not move.”

Higgins: “We need to get out of here!!”

Peterson: “We will not move!!”

Tethrop: “The lord is my shepherd...”

/Energy initiated. Hyperspace jumps detected. Unknown signature receding to 20 meters... 30 meters... 50 meters...

Radcliff: “Sir... they're... they're leaving... Five fleets have already left. Six now.

Tethrop: “The lord has answered...”

Peterson: “God had nothing to do with it. They spared us; we were never a threat. Higgins, clean the piss out of your seat and chart a jump to Terra Prime. We have some... interesting intel to deliver...”

Hope you all enjoyed it! Thinking of creating ships from the human faction, the United Alliance. Also, what would you guys think of if I wrote stories about this?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Stories are good. If you wanna do it, go for it!