Darkstar Corporation

Reaction score
    OFF: Hey! I am Lightspeed and this is my faction page. This faction is for roleplaying purposes and here i will share some ideas and ships that i am building. I am new to the forums and my english is not that good, so i am sorry for any mistakes.

The Darkstar Corporation was created to bring the common citizen services that are not very common. As a corporation it is not considered a real state, but is has its own private military. Is widely recognized as a galactic power and in has interfered in the galactic politics more than once. Public opinions are very complicated when talking about the corporation shady business, sometimes crossing moral lines in the name of science.

MILITARY

The military is centered around the concepts of stealth and speed, preferring outmaneuvering their enemies, hit-and-run attacks, diplomacy and subterfuge.

Even if land combat is almost non existant, the Corporation employs it in special missions and even sells to private citizens. Consists primarily of lightly armoured, fast vehicles with average firepower, which can outmaneuver and flank the opponent. Long-range weaponry is also prevalent, including the surface-to-space missile launchers or large caliber artillery designed to deliver immense amounts of punishment to the opponent without exposing themselves.

Regarding space conflicts,the leading technology is the stealth drive. While the Darkstar fleets cannot withstand prolonged combat with heavier fleets, most ships are equiped with Stealth Engines. The Darkstar military invest in technology over large numbers,usually being comprised of state-of-art vessels with tremendous firepower.

In various ways, the corporation has always been technologically superior. It is not fully known how was achieved such a state of unique technological superiority, though it is often linked to their access to and study of allegedly alien technology, and their monopoly on some resources, which provided them with vast amounts of wealth, both financially and scientifically. The Corporation has constructed, owned, and operated many state-of-the-art research institutes, and hired out research teams in a galactic wide sense. Oftentimes, these institutes and related facilities were kept highly secret, and hidden from academia and especially from the galacticl bio-ethics committee.

SPECIAL OPERATIONS

Darkstar CO. infantry is comprised of trained special operatives. Its not a question of numbers but especialization. Generally each squadron is comprised of 100 to 260 units,trained to the level of elite infiltrators. The basic training include martial arts ,computer programming and other functions,explosive handling,fighter,shuttle and bomber control and the use of the Stealth technology present in almost all aspects of Darkstar military douctrine.

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    Lightspeed12
    I would recommend that you include detail on the following to ameliorate this page:
    • What servers does your faction play on
    • Process of recruitment
    • Member count/list/size
    • Diplomatic relations (if any)
    • Ranking within faction

Olxinos

French fry. Caution: very salty!
    Reaction score
    If I may, I'd add that "Ranking within faction" should not just be a list of fancy titles (I've seen many factions do this, this is funny but not that that useful), but how you envision your faction's hierarchy/chain of command (if there's one) and how the faction's important decisions will be made (edit: this can include fancy titles if you want, as long as it isn't only fancy titles :p). At least, that's what I'd expect if I was looking for a faction.

Other than that, I like your faction's description.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I would recommend that you include detail on the following to ameliorate this page:
    • What servers does your faction play on
    • Process of recruitment
    • Member count/list/size
    • Diplomatic relations (if any)
    • Ranking within faction
    This faction is for roleplaying purposes and here i will share some ideas and ships that i am building.
    I don't think 1, 2, and 3 apply here.

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    If the faction is for roleplaying purposes that I presume will mean that there will be roleplay involved, and if he wants to get some members Lightspeed12 will mention the servers where he plays and the process of recruitment. I believe when he says what you have quoted above, he is stating that he will do that as well as roleplay. Otherwise a thread on the shipyards forum (which is just for sharing ideas and ships) would be more suitable, wouldn't you agree?