Custom Weapons Balancing

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    What I am suggesting is that something be made available for server admins to decide how best to balance the weapons on their servers.
    The reason I think this is needed is because there is no way to make ever one happy.
    There is a continuous argument about weapons balancing, but from what I have seen and what I know about starmade that argument will never come to an end. At least this way if players don't like the default setting, they can try to make something that fits their servers wants and needs better.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    There is a system. You can edit the blockBehavorConfig.xml found in /starmade/data/configs and edit the values of weapons. Some parts aren't full explained, and only a few people know how to really use the configs, but it is there. People just don't use it much, and prefer to complain about the vanilla configs.

(an excerpt about Cannons' properties and it's slaves. Do note that all values used in <combination>s have an implied +1)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    This could work, but we would need something to explain what everything dose.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    More variables and options would have to be coded in by Schema, but making a system that could easily read and modify it is more Modder-area. Just need a program that can automatically do the math and apply the changes based on desired outcome