custom UI skin

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    As always if there is a custom coloring request for a skin I have done let me know and I will see what I can do

Reaction score
    It is very hard to read the text in the colors you have chosen. It is also quite cluttered / busy

I\'d recommend you look at some of the other UI mods which have done a nice job of making it easier to read.

PixelBoy\'s Clean UI: http://star-made.org/content/texture-pack-%E2%80%93-low-res-minecraft-style-clean-gui (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3136303/StarMade/CleanGUI_Screenshot.png)

Kupu\'s: http://star-made.org/content/texture-pack

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    It is very hard to read the

It is very hard to read the text in the colors you have chosen. It is also quite cluttered / busy

The latest super minimalist was chosen to be purposely difficult to see/read without it being solid black. I am not sure what you mean by cluttered and busy. Are you refering to the minimalist or Steel or the previous recolors? If you are refering to the minimalist. I am unsure how only empty outlines are busy/cluttered, but I suppose some would feel that way.

I am not taking offense at your comments I am just curious. Yes I looked at other GUI reskins. Some I liked some I didn\'t. We (all of us) without specific input tend to design and choose elements to our taste. I tend to like digital fonts, not dot matrix or some other stylized fonts. So absent feedback I chose a digital font I had that I liked.

I asked in my very first post what people would like to see, color, style etc. I did a couple of simple recolors with a carbon fiber base while waiting to see if there would be any suggestions. then while still waiting I did two alternative colors at a couple of peoples request. Since there was little feedback other than one person that felt the red/black carbon fiber was too bright. I moved on to redesigns that interested me. Primarily the Steel. I have gotten feed back on it while doing support and am working on those specific comments made.

The minimalist I put up today was just an experiment, that I ended up putting up in case anyone wanted just an outline GUI that was visible without drawing the eye and purposely made it difficult to see. However I also put a comment saying if someone happened to like my little experiment but wanted a different color to please let me know. This also goes for font choice, background choice and a few other things. :)

When I do recieve feedback I try to see if I can see what the person is seeing based on their comments. I try to understand what, specifically, a person did or did not like. I try to keep that in mind when I go to work on another project or when I am revisiting a previous project. I will say that I am currently looking for a clean , somewhat futuristic / sci-fi feeling font that is clean.

I hope this post gave some insight into what I have done and what I am doing. Which is to say I am having fun and experimenting absent specific request or feedback.

Reaction score
    The font is hard to read, especially with the lack of contrast in the blue and red. Compare reading the much smaller white font compared to the large blue; its much easier to read the former.

The doubled up lines on the top section looks strange, especially with some being curved and some boxy. Different spacing between the lines also makes it look off.