Cubatom, refine right click...

Reaction score
    ...could we please have the option to right click and select number of cubatoms to refine?

We are currently able to right click and choose amount on the "fabricate" and "split" tabs but not the "refine", and Ive got RSI from clicking 1000's of times per cubatom session :-/

Thanks for making StarMade :)

ohhh, and pretty please, could you make the drop down list of items in cubatoms fabricate tab alphabetical order? Like in the new crafting system???? Thanks very much.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Does anyone actually know if the cubatom crafting system will be removed?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Is there any chance it could be less complicated and explained in a tutorial?
    I really dom't like the cubatom crafting, it is too messy and complicated. I prefer the simpler crafting with the macro/micro assembler and the capsule refinery.

Reaction score
    Really? I think it's pretty straightforward tbh...once you work the system out, it's very easy. 1 red dot/black line + 1 red dot/black line = 2 red dots/black lines, 2 + 2 = 3...3 + 3 = 4....null spin + null spine = base spin, base spin + base spin = super spin, anti spin needs to be a natural...try it, it's a really good system. And I'm pretty darn sure it's staying so Calbiri said :)

Reaction score
    Capsules are the new iteration of cubatoms, the old cubatom crafting system will be removed, the new crafting system will be the only way to make things, no more cubatom crafting.

Reaction score
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :( Cubatoms rock, and it is a much better system than the capsule bizniz....and I was told waaaay back that cubatoms are here to stay, by you ;)

I fail to see how, a ton of ore/shards to make capsules, then a ton of capsules to make mesh, and then a ton of mesh to make factories is an improvement....really am quite gutted here. Cubatoms are what makes this game/the crafting interesting. Really, really am quite miffed :(

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    It doesn't take that many capsules to make something. The only block that needs to be easier to craft is the thruster (you need 108 shards for the three power reactor modules alone).

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    It doesn't take that many capsules to make something. The only block that needs to be easier to craft is the thruster (you need 108 shards for the three power reactor modules alone).
    *sigh*... No, actually, a lot of things need to be streamlined. It doesn't matter how the numbers add up, in the end of the day, the current crafting system just has too many components, and, even worse, most of them are generic and sound almost alike - You don't use a Power Conduit, Driver Coil, and Thruster Nozzle to make thrusters, you use... er. What do you even use again? Metal mesh, power reactors (Thrusters don't generate power!), some random metals which don't really have any explicit connection to anything whatsoever, and some other unrelated crap that's also used to make obscure, unrelated things such as Weapon Punchthrough Upgrade Modules and Ship Cores? Yeah, I thought so. See my point?

Even if the sysstem is mathematically balanced, with current components it doesn't really make any sense. Shared components shouldn't be "Powered Crystal Circuits" and "Activated Nocx Processors." They should be logical - Power conduits (For weapon modules, shield generators, power reactors and capacitors...), power cells (For power capacitors and shield capacitors), field emitters (For weapon modules, thrusters, and so on), energy transformers (For tertiaries)... Also, change the base metal block from arbitrary metal mesh to grey hull, which is what everything seems to be made of anyway. And don't forget letting people extract the capsules from ingots and crystal blocks. Otherwise they're worthless and should be substantially cheaper to make (Say, 20-24 capsules per block) even as a 'trophy.'

Last edited:

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Ore, shard, rock
    -> 8 {Metal, Crystal, Mineral} capsules (common) + 3 {Metal, Crystal, Mineral} capsules (rare named)

Each block should require either:
    -> 1 metal mesh (computer, low hp stuff)
    -> 1 metal grill (structural parts) where the only difference is not so much the cost, but that you need some amount of time in the assembly for the grill.

Hull plating is cheap and adds a bit of armour to any full block. Expand for resource-injection to make it look like hull.
    -> Grey hull would just obtain colours by plating.
    -> Just wedges need to be fabricated as (( Description: They don't have a fitting standard plating || Code: platings are incompatible with rotation ))

Now we only need a mass based on resources spend system (( would improve abilities to balance a lot )).
    -> Additional mass, just require some more abundant rock blocks.

Instead of just increasing a block counter by 1, also increase a mass counter by block.mass.
    -> A simple addition/subtraction per block addition/subtraction.
    -> A simple multiplication and addition per large-scale modification (as you know the actual block-count for purchasing the ship from blue-prints anyway).

Reaction score
    *sigh*... No, actually, a lot of things need to be streamlined. It doesn't matter how the numbers add up, in the end of the day, the current crafting system just has too many components, and, even worse, most of them are generic and sound almost alike - You don't use a Power Conduit, Driver Coil, and Thruster Nozzle to make thrusters, you use... er. What do you even use again? Metal mesh, power reactors (Thrusters don't generate power!), some random metals which don't really have any explicit connection to anything whatsoever, and some other unrelated crap that's also used to make obscure, unrelated things such as Weapon Punchthrough Upgrade Modules and Ship Cores? Yeah, I thought so. See my point?

Even if the system is mathematically balanced, with current components it doesn't really make any sense. Shared components shouldn't be "Powered Crystal Circuits" and "Activated Nocx Processors." They should be logical - Power conduits (For weapon modules, shield generators, power reactors and capacitors...), power cells (For power capacitors and shield capacitors), field emitters (For weapon modules, thrusters, and so on), energy transformers (For tertiaries)... Also, change the base metal block from arbitrary metal mesh to grey hull, which is what everything seems to be made of anyway.
    Well at least I'm not alone on that one. But overall the crafting system doesn't have that many components. You got the
    • basic ores, shards and blocks
    • capsules
    • circuits, processors and nodes
    • + things that were before the update ingame
    The bigger issue I have with it is this.
    (Not in the mood of retyping this)
    I find the new crafting system an improvement over the old recipe one for sure. But after taking a good look at it, it is just a bit less horrible in terms of economics then the previous one.

Crafting/refining/ ... the basic materials to get the factory, refinery and the assembler is somewhat time consuming and even a bit pointless. what I mean by pointless is that you might aswell strip a station, sell those parts and buy all the factory stuff from the shops. You make money, don't waist time on building all that stuff and it's way less boring.

The lack of an infrastructure like pipes, tubes, ... or any type of needed support blocks to make it work or connect factories with eachother is somewhat of a letdown imo (not that it was their before but still). You got no challange what so ever with setting up a factory, no satisfaction seeing it work nor a sense of accomplishment.

The next thing is the crafting and gathering resources. Sound fun and awesome ... but seeing a huge pile or resources turn into a handfull of blocks, just to come to the realization you got to repeat that proces endlessly just to acquire a decent amount of blocks is ... depressing.

So making anything els except faction blocks is pointless. You can even skip all the basic productions by buying all the needed materials for the final step for under 5000 credits/factionblock in shops while after 1 production step you got a + 200000 credits/block, a gain of 4000% and + in credits. After that you can just spawn in resource/hull/... blueprints with the credits.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Well at least I'm not alone on that one. But overall the crafting system doesn't have that many components. You got the
    • basic ores, shards and blocks
    • capsules
    • circuits, processors and nodes
    • + things that were before the update ingame
    I know. But having, like, six full spectrums of identical-in-all-except-for-ore-type-and-color crafting ingredients, plus TWO types of generic Crystal Circuit (One "energized" or whatever), plus two types of metal mesh (Mesh and grille), plus a bunch of metal capsules that are hard to remember, plus everything's recipe being a combination of these things... Just makes me stop giving a crap eventually.

The bigger issue I have with it is this:
    Aecetym said:
    I find the new crafting system an improvement over the old recipe one for sure. But after taking a good look at it, it is just a bit less horrible in terms of economics then the previous one.
    No, economically it's an improvement. Things are a bit too expensive, sure, but at least it isn't extremely overpowered.

Crafting/refining/ ... the basic materials to get the factory, refinery and the assembler is somewhat time consuming and even a bit pointless. what I mean by pointless is that you might aswell strip a station, sell those parts and buy all the factory stuff from the shops. You make money, don't waist time on building all that stuff and it's way less boring.
    Agreed, but that hasn't ever changed, and probably won't for another... while.
    The lack of an infrastructure like pipes, tubes, ... or any type of needed support blocks to make it work or connect factories with eachother is somewhat of a letdown imo (not that it was their before but still). You got no challange what so ever with setting up a factory, no satisfaction seeing it work nor a sense of accomplishment.
    I agree, and this does need to be addressed sometime between now and mid-beta, but it isn't the main problem, and isn't the priority. But yes, building a factory needs to be a bit more fun and interesting than it is now... Which is true of every single system in this game, actually.
    The next thing is the crafting and gathering resources. Sound fun and awesome ... but seeing a huge pile or resources turn into a handfull of blocks, just to come to the realization you got to repeat that proces endlessly just to acquire a decent amount of blocks is ... depressing.
    Agreed. It looks cool in theory, but isn't fun in practice... While it's good to have to 'work' in some way to get things, said work shouldn't be seemingly-endless just to be able to build a competitive small corvette. Particularly when there are, and will probably always be, several much easier ways to get things. However, if there weren't easier ways... Doing this would be extremely tedious and I'd probably just leave and go play on a creative/build server. So yeah, there's an issue. :p
    So making anything els except faction blocks is pointless. You can even skip all the basic productions by buying all the needed materials for the final step for under 5000 credits/factionblock in shops while after 1 production step you got a + 200000 credits/block, a gain of 4000% and + in credits. After that you can just spawn in resource/hull/... blueprints with the credits.
    Yep. Though honestly, this could be fixed by just not making it so damn profitable to sell Faction Blocks to the trading guild.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Is it really that hard to read recipes in the macro assembler? And if you do, why don't you just attempt making automatic assembly lines? With the new update filtering is finally possible, so it now should be easy enough to do what you want.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Is it really that hard to read recipes in the macro assembler? And if you do, why don't you just attempt making automatic assembly lines? With the new update filtering is finally possible, so it now should be easy enough to do what you want.
    It isn't hard to read them, but it can be really hard to remember them, especially when everything's this Imbued processor and that Active Processor and this Capsule and that Metal Grill and this Metal Mesh, etc. And yes, automatic assembly lines are possible, but they shouldn't need to be that complicated really... (However, I am liking the filtering. Now if only we could use docks as a link target for pulling items (from docked ships).)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    And have the core be the place the items go to, in which case it needs to be linked to at least oneplex storage.
    I also would like to see a way to empty your inventory into something, like when you walk over a certain block everything goes into the linked storgae/factory.
    And when the AI get more modes, it should be possible ro link salvage computers to the bobby AI, and have bobby in turn linked to a storage, so mining drones are possible.

I would like to see an inventory sorting system like in the better inventories mod for minecraft. Just a small, but really useful thing to sort everything properly.