Created the United Alliance Craft Reliant in only a couple of days :)

You think I should design more UAC ships, such as the Ironclad?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    With my new found talent, I have successfully created the UAC Reliant in only a couple of days, detail and all!
    starmade-screenshot-0014.png starmade-screenshot-0015.png
    This small scouting frigate is built with four missile silos, two rapid fire amcs and a good amount shielding, yet still is equipped with living quarters (sorry captains, your room is the same thing as everyone else), a meeting room, engine room, and dining room, with a bridge as well. :)
    starmade-screenshot-0011.png For those that may think this image familiar, the Reliant is the same ship Captain Peterson as his men crewed when they encountered the Shattered in my little transcription, and this is pretty close as to what they saw (and no the World Shard is not finished yet).
    Side note: Yes, I do know the name its right side is mirrored (my bad), and the "dopey ears" that are meant to be hatches from the bridge to the top of the ship will be redesigned so the ship does not appear to be eavesdropping on any conversations.:p

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I like the shape of the ship, but you should add some more detail. Ship building is about quality, not record time :)

Reaction score
    I like the shape of the ship, but you should add some more detail. Ship building is about quality, not record time :)
    Well, at the moment, I have finals to be working on consisting of a 15 page paper on pre-civil war history, three book reviews and several tests, so I was just glad that I built it. :D Details can come later when I not dying from a word count. :p

Reaction score
    Well, got some time to modify it a little. I think it still a bit bland as far as looks, buts its getting there. Here are some little features I have added into the Reliant.
    starmade-screenshot-0018.png
    Heat dispersal chain that helps to cool the engines while providing a lovely cabin temperature for humans.
    starmade-screenshot-0016.png
    My crappy attempt at a logo for the United Alliance:p
    starmade-screenshot-0017.png
    [DOUBLEPOST=1418193846,1418193592][/DOUBLEPOST]Also built in a blast shielding for the bridge. :)
    shield off
    starmade-screenshot-0019.png
    Shield on
    starmade-screenshot-0020.png
    Also incorporated an engine room
    starmade-screenshot-0023.png
    Kitchen
    starmade-screenshot-0024.png
    And meeting room :D
    starmade-screenshot-0025.png

Attachments

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    The outline is nice, but you (and a lot of people) think like Khan -- in 2 dimensions. I would suggest adding vertical volume; overly flat designs make me think of airplanes, not space-ships.