Crafting Reclaimer

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    With the new update making it so that we need to have the right blocks in order to build a blueprint of a ship. I was thinking. Wouldn't it be nice if all those blocks we harvest off of ships/stations in pvp or loot from pirate stations could be broken down into the base materials of the game? This way if I don't need the 100 purple tetras I just got I can still break them down and change them into something else.

It would require another factory type block like the capsule refinery but instead of breaking down ore/crystal/asteroid blocks it would break down hulls weapon modals and other higher level components into the base materials they are made out of.

Reactions: Malacodor
    Reaction score
    It was already sugested to have a block which breaks any block into certain things that can be used to craft other things.
    Yet it is still not in-game, unfortunately...
    Maybe, for example, you could break a ship core into either circuits or the other thing that is used to craft it, by your choice. This way, you'd have ways of obtaining building materials from things you didn't had before...
    Also, an factory type block which would do some "thermonuclear pattern rearraging", thus trainsforming certain crystales and ores into another crystels/ores/blocks, but with a cost of energy of around 500 energy blocks per cycle, with the duration of 30 seconds.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I don't think complete reclaimation is a good idea. Instead, it should be at about 70-90% of the original.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Also, an factory type block which would do some "thermonuclear pattern rearraging", thus trainsforming certain crystales and ores into another crystels/ores/blocks, but with a cost of energy of around 500 energy blocks per cycle, with the duration of 30 seconds.
    No need to worry about "thermonuclear pattern rearranging". Nanobotic rearranging of atoms to create different molecules wouldn't be quite so dramatic, and does not violate any known laws of physics. It will still probably take a significant power intake. This concept assumes that blocks fictionally consist of molecules, and not just a bunch of cubatoms in a pile. (I like to think of even the most elemental objects in StarMade as a collection of different molecules.)

I don't think complete reclaimation is a good idea. Instead, it should be at about 70-90% of the original.
    I think everyone agrees with you, except that they are expecting 1% reclamation instead of 70-90%. Furthermore, I think it would be an interesting side-game to be striving towards a block-count goal for unwanted block types, in order to reach the minimum count for reclaimation. ("Yes! I finally got my 100th <insert unwanted block name here> block! Now I can create a <insert wanted block name here> from 'em!")

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think the way to do it is to have the reclaimer keep track of how many base resources (capsules, meshes, circuits) are used and then when you have 10 of them drop 1 in the inventory