Couple of logic questions

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Automatic reactivation of inactive blocks like the Cloak?

Say you have something that is off on your ship and you are too lazy to just click the hotbar key it is assigned to and just want it to turn back on after a certain time of being off. I know you can activate things on a timer but how about turning on things that are off if they are off after a period of time?

This question is geared more towards turning things like the cloaker back on after a few seconds.

Also what can or can't be controlled by logic blocks? Might be helpful later.

The second question is mainly because I have yet to find a list floating around of what can be logic controlled and what can't be.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I install something close that I put on my capital ships.

Its a trigger area so that any time you walk in or out of the core it will trigger off briefly then go on. It has to turn off can't just say in the on position as you can leave logic in the on position and it won't activate controllers that were deactivated when you logged out.

So you don't really have to think about it as long as you don't log out in the core room. If its a station you could add more trigger areas around the place to activate it as you walk around but it has to reset for 0.5 seconds each time.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I install something close that I put on my capital ships.

Its a trigger area so that any time you walk in or out of the core it will trigger off briefly then go on. It has to turn off can't just say in the on position as you can leave logic in the on position and it won't activate controllers that were deactivated when you logged out.

So you don't really have to think about it as long as you don't log out in the core room. If its a station you could add more trigger areas around the place to activate it as you walk around but it has to reset for 0.5 seconds each time.
    cloak and radar systems have to be activated and they can't be activated by anything but user activation

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Automatic reactivation of inactive blocks like the Cloak?

Say you have something that is off on your ship and you are too lazy to just click the hotbar key it is assigned to and just want it to turn back on after a certain time of being off. I know you can activate things on a timer but how about turning on things that are off if they are off after a period of time?

This question is geared more towards turning things like the cloaker back on after a few seconds.

Also what can or can't be controlled by logic blocks? Might be helpful later.

The second question is mainly because I have yet to find a list floating around of what can be logic controlled and what can't be.
    upload_2015-7-4_14-6-58.png

or to not
    not to delay
    delay to delay to delay to delay to (insert amount of time :D)
    all delays to or
    i believe you could use this, idk how exactly but try it.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    View attachment 13452

or to not
    not to delay
    delay to delay to delay to delay to (insert amount of time :D)
    all delays to or
    i believe you could use this, idk how exactly but try it.
    That's correct to some degree, it is a clock. But it does not change the fact that logic can not activate cloakers, jammers, or any constant defensive effect.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    That's correct to some degree, it is a clock. But it does not change the fact that logic can not activate cloakers, jammers, or any constant defensive effect.
    i think it is exualy better that way,
    otherwise you could make invisible torpedoes
    invisible drones
    and most of all, invisible turretss which would be the opest thing ever.
    constant defensive effects on the other hand don't give any op factor to things, i think that should change

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Well for things like cloakers and jammers the devs could put in an AI and Logic only Cooldown to prevent perma cloaking for the AI in any way. It'd be mean but that'd be the only way I see something like the cloaker or jammer getting auto use like that.