Corner orientation

Reaction score
    Hello,

In first place, congratulations Schema for such an enjoyable and cool game. I would like to suggest something that came up to my mind when I was building a turret. I realized that some block orientations are missing. It's maybe a bug of mine but I can't find some corner orientations (grey hull corner, for example). I can place the corner's square base on the top and the bottom of the blocks, but I'm not able to place that corner's square base on the other 4 sides of the blocks. So I'd like to suggest to add those orientations, since that would be really nice, would allow to build more customizable things.

Maybe somebody has already suggested this so I'm sorry if this post is duplicated. And I'm also sorry if I made some gramatical mistakes, my English is not correct at all.

PS: Thank you for creating Starmade!

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    It has been suggested several times before, but don\'t worry, it\'s common. This is not a bug, I belive it\'s because the corners use the same orientation patterns as the wedges, for which there are less variations. Along with inverse and tri-corners, I\'m not certain why this hasn\'t been implemented yet, but hopefully we will see it in the game soon. Thank you for keeping this topic in the forum areas people bother checking.

Reaction score
    http://star-made.org/content/hull-corner-orientation

In it I made the suggestion of using two step system where you use the advanced build tools to first choose the facing of a block, all six directions, and then you choose the rotation of the block along it\'s facing axis. This gives 24 orientations without having to slog through a single slider that has 24 options.

I was a little annoyed at first when the topic then didn\'t seem to receive much attention. But thinking about it afterwards, this is the kind of stuff that can wait till beta. Alpha needs to stay focused on core gameplay features.