Core overheat leaves ship intact

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I think that the core overheat shouldn't remove the entire ship. Instead after core overheats the core will remove itself and the remains of the ship will become a wreckage on the nav menu.
    This may impact the performance of the game, but having wreckage fields after a big battle to be salvaged insted of mining asteroids. A replenishable source of material (If you can keep the carnage).

Reaction score
    So long as the wreakage follows the same rules as the Asteroids, IE use the setting that allows them to be moved, or not. That would cut the lag by a bit since they would be static.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    ace, line up some asteroids, smack into them like a ~wreeeeeeacking baaaaaaaaaall~ and see if you don't get graphical lag. that sort of thing can cause short lived desyncs that can lag a server if it's already dealing with multiple players logged in.

ResonKinetic

SPICY hot dog child
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    cores are going to become obsolete anyway, something that I can't wait for.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    cores are going to become obsolete anyway, something that I can't wait for.
    Yes, but overheating will still be a thing. I like the idea of having the overheated ship turning into scrap (though there should also be explosions)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Why are asteroids so much more resource intensive for collisions?

Anyway, i'd love to see something like this.

Reaction score
    I'd love to see some AI settings for tractor beams to pull in derelict ships as well... I've made a few tests to pull in pirates attacking my home base to scrap them and I have to wait until they get sucked in before killing them or the AI ignores the scrap.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I think that the core overheat shouldn't remove the entire ship. Instead after core overheats the core will remove itself and the remains of the ship will become a wreckage on the nav menu.
    This may impact the performance of the game, but having wreckage fields after a big battle to be salvaged insted of mining asteroids. A replenishable source of material (If you can keep the carnage).
    I like this idea - but if they implement it, it should probably come with a server.cfg option to disable it in case the server is having trouble keeping up with the accumulation of derelict spacecraft. Maybe there could also be a server option for a secondary timer that ran a lot longer than the core overheating timer, after it expired it would either turn the blocks to scrap or possibly completely delete the ship...

Reaction score
    With these derelict ships we could have places, lets call them Junkyards for now, where derelict ships would be moved to. they would be "clamped" to a station of some kind, and you could by the repaired ship, the scrap from the ship, or the cargo it was carrying when it overheated.