Control Options. Not sure if this has been mentioned

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm not sure if this has been suggested before as I didn't read through the entire list of suggestions. Yet.

I really enjoy the game. I think it's a fantastic idea and I have been blowing it up on my facebook page to help spread the word. I think this could be as big as minecraft, if not bigger, and I really hope that happens for the developers.

I do have one little bone to pick though. The control options being limited to keyboard and mouse. And an absolute mouse at that. I have to scroll across my desk to turn even a moderately sized ship around and that's just too clunky. A relative mouse would be a lot better, in my opinion, and I would think it wouldn't be that big of a change but I know jack about programming.

What I would absolutely love to see is support for other controllers. Up to 6 assignable axis and assignable buttons would open up the game to everything from an XBox360 controller to full, flight simulator style HOTAS setups. (Variable axis mixing would be a super-power-level bonus. With that you could mix a certain amount of, say, upward translation to upward pitch and pull off nice, graceful curves in flight. But I'm guessing that might be asking a bit much.)

As it stands now, I'm on the hunt for a third party control interpreter so I can use my flight stick for at least pitch roll and yaw. If I find what I'm looking for I'll update for anyone who would like something like what I have described. Please, let me know what ya'll think of this idea.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was surprised to find this still around after so long. It can be a bit tricky to get working and I haven\'t tried it with this game myself yet but I intend to when time allows.

http://glovepie.org/glovepie.php

This allows almost any input to mimic almost any other input. It\'s script driven and sometimes gave me fits (a programmer I am not) but it may prove useful.