'Consumable' Weapons

Reaction score
    So, I've been trying to figure out how to design a bomber that actually has a chance to damage enemy light capital ships. My current solution is just sticking as big of a dumbfire missile array on there as I can, and then add some 1/1 swarm missile launchers to confuse AMS's, but that's only going to be so effective. I propose a short range weapon that holds limited charges which expend themselves when it is used, like a bomb for example.

Thoughts?

Reaction score
    Thoughts? Already exists, as pointed out above.

Warheads.

TheGT

Chief Janitorial, Second Legion, Fourth Squadron
    Reaction score
    Things like warheads are fun, using them makes you feel special, like you know what you are doing. I feel REALLY REALLY SPECIAL, especially when using cloaked warheads, those are extra special.

HEHEHEHEHEHEhe!

Reaction score
    Warheads are currently a very in-efficient and in-effective weapon.
    Inbuilt weapons are far superior and delivery of the wardheads still needs a lot of work.
    Being able to toggle AI on/off with logic as well as setting the AI to 'missile' instead of ship/turret (basically just ram the nearest enemy on its trajectory) would go a long way to help

Reaction score
    Personally I would love to see more added weapons into this direction.

First of all the weapons should not need block contact to explode. A weapon could be a regular system block connected to a computer. When you press the button, the system block gets destroyed. Ofcourse the damage does not multiply, if you connect more blocks to the computer.

Also possible is, that the computer does only fire, if you have lets say 20 blocks connected. And all 20 get destroyed with the shoot.

But why stop at short range? Long range sniper weapons could be a thing too. Lets have 300 blocks for this sniper thing.

The big advantage is, that the shells can have their own physics and ai and are not an entity like the warheads need to be atm. They dont need ai or physics calculation, like warheads want atm.

Please support this idea we should crave for this. :D I tell you would love it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    another ai setting for bobby would make warheads less of a pain. Ram enemy anybody?

Reaction score
    Warheads are currently a very in-efficient and in-effective weapon.
    Inbuilt weapons are far superior and delivery of the wardheads still needs a lot of work.
    Being able to toggle AI on/off with logic as well as setting the AI to 'missile' instead of ship/turret (basically just ram the nearest enemy on its trajectory) would go a long way to help
    Inefficient and ineffective? Not true at all. They ignore shields, which is a huge point in their favour.

Here's a 10 block warhead torpedo taking out 300 blocks throgh 5 million shields: How do YOU use warheads?