Consolidate Straight Pipe Facings

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Pretty simple, the straight piece pipes (and I think to some extent the light rods) have full facing options when they honestly don't need it. Gets kind of annoying to scroll and scroll and scroll while the piece in front of you visually is doing nothing because its basically rotating around the central axis.

If its not economical to remove the extra facings, would it be possible to re-map the facings so that we don't have two equivalent facings next to each other? As in, instead of having the facing order when scrolling be ---|||, mix them up into -|-|-| so that it at least feels like each scroll is doing more?

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Assuming that one day they move to a 4-byte (32-bit) block system, I'd like to see the rotation bits converted directly to Block ID bits, because every additional bit would double the available block ID count. Then every rotation gets its own block ID. These kinds of blocks would save on block-ID usage, because rotation/facing bits would no longer be wasted.

I'd also like to see a one-off configuration file that holds a list of block IDs for rotation. This would allow individual clients to select related or most-used rotations quickly.

Example:
    Code:
    <Grey Hull Wedge>
        <Orientation>
            <Orientation 1>
                <Block ID>
                </Block ID>
                <Comment>
                    Hypotenuse: 0,1,-1 to 0, -1, 1
                </Comment>
            </Orientation 1>
            <Orientation 2>