Conquest Game Mode

Reaction score
    Another quick thought of mine. Probably ridiculous but feel free to read on anyway. Imagine a game mode "conquest." Factions and alliances each have a safe home planet/station. From there the objective is to conquer other planets, maybe 5 set planets in total to win. To capture a planet players must land on the surface and activate a beacon (either 1 per planet or 1 on each face which all need to be captured), this is impossible if enemies are on the planet/surface too. This would be good for adding more things to do on foot rather than in a ship, encouraging ground combat. Ships could obviously be used to support the attack/defence.

Once captured the planets could be fortified with destroyable fortifications and turrets, but the actual planet would probably need to be indestructible, as otherwise they would probably be obliterated very quickly in all the fighting. This would also stop ships from simply blasting the planet to kill everyone from orbit because players would be able to take cover underground, in caves etc.

Tell me what you think, even though this is unlikely to come in the vanilla game, maybe it might interest a mod maker.

Reaction score
    I personally like it, and really, almost everything is there. All you need is to start a well-organized server (which is extremely hard to do, because 9 out of 10 server players are raiders) and build planetary and stationary bases.

Oh, and I was on your other suggestion page, and you seem intelligent as well as creative. You just got a new follower. :D

Reaction score
    Thanks very much. I'll return the favour :). Yeah it's a shame that there are so many raiders, but I suppose you encounter that sort of problem in every multiplayer game. Seeing how this game has spawned interesting minigames on several servers such as skid racing and various combat and building tournaments, I'm optimistic about future prospects.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    have you been reading mine and doomsiders minds? 0_O we have just added a feature like that into the daemon script :eek:

Reaction score
    have you been reading mine and doomsiders minds? 0_O we have just added a feature like that into the daemon script :eek:
    Really? Wow that's weird. I was looking through my steam library and noticed Star Wars Battlefront 2, thought of Galactic Conquest, and just though this up on the spot really. How's it coming along?