Config vs Game Mechanics

Reaction score
    I posted this because of the new cargo system. I feel the cargo volume should really go in config. For a default server setup it fine, but for a sever with an increase mining multiplier it's way to small.
    Maybe a hard look should be made at whether something is really part of the game mechanic or should be part of the server setup (config). Perhaps even things like the power cap or shield recharge could be left up to the server owners.
    I do really like the all the constant changes, I'm going to miss it when the game is out of alpha:)

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Fairly certain volume values are in the block config. We'll be re-balancing them over the next few weeks after community feedback and our own trialing with them. A lot of options are in the configs to change.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    The external volume of the Storage and Cargo blocks are available in the BlockConfig.xml (how much space they use)
    Unfortunately, the internal volumes are not. (how much can be stored inside)

Reaction score
    The external volume of the Storage and Cargo blocks are available in the BlockConfig.xml (how much space they use)
    Unfortunately, the internal volumes are not. (how much can be stored inside)
    Found it in the BlockBehaviorConfig, haven't tested yet....
    [DOUBLEPOST=1449720239,1449719898][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Fairly certain volume values are in the block config. We'll be re-balancing them over the next few weeks after community feedback and our own trialing with them. A lot of options are in the configs to change.
    I know a lot is available, just put out there that maybe more could be (just a thought) :) I think I found it in Block Behavior Config (haven't test yet)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Found it in the BlockBehaviorConfig, haven't tested yet....
    I stand corrected. The internal volumes are indeed in the blockBehaviorConfig.xml
    Specifically:
    Code:
            <Cargo>
                <BasicValues>
                    <CapacityPerBlocMult>100.0</CapacityPerBlocMult>  <!-- simple capacity per block added -->
                    <CapacityPerGroupQuadratic>1.0</CapacityPerGroupQuadratic> <!-- determines group behavior. calculated: (groupsize*CapacityPerBlocMult) ^ CapacityPerGroupQuadratic  -->
                    <PercentageBledPerMinute>0.1</PercentageBledPerMinute> <!-- how much inventory is lost per minute if over capacity (must be between [0, 1]) -->

<InventoryBaseCapacity>100</InventoryBaseCapacity> <!-- base capacity for all block based inventories -->
                    <PersonalInventoryBaseCapacity>2000</PersonalInventoryBaseCapacity> <!-- base capacity for the personal player inventory-->
                    <PersonalFactoryBaseCapacity>100</PersonalFactoryBaseCapacity> <!-- base inventory for the personal player factories -->
                </BasicValues>
            </Cargo>
    If I'm reading this correctly the changes I would make are:
    • CapacityPerGroupQuadratic should be > 1.0, making larger groups store more per Cargo.
    • PercentgeBledPerMinute should also be increased, things should bleed out faster. They are under pressure, right?
    • InventoryBaseCapacity should be dropped to 50, the storage block by itself should store less.
    • PersonalInventoryBaseCapacity, player pockets, should not be larger then 50. 2k is ridiculous. (I understand we are still in a transition)
    That's my $0.02.