Config option for salvage beam efficiency?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    There's an option for personal salvage beam efficiency in the block config XML. Is there a corresponding way to make ship-based salvage beams provide bonus resources, if I wanted more efficient mining? I'm currently using a universe with giant, sparse sectors, and I'd like to be able to set up mining so that you can get a lot more crafting done per unit asteroid.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    No, there isn't an option to increase the ship based salvage beam efficiency. You could, however, use the block editor to increase rhe amount of capsules and mesh/circuits you get.

If you don't know how, give me a shout and I'll make a custom config for you. It shouldn't be too hard, especially if I can find the right program to edit the custom config import file.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    10x raw materials would be a handy block config to have around, I feel like.

The long-term fix, of course, would be to support editing salvage yields for the personal beam and for ship beams both.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'll get starting on it once I've done all the things I need to do. You'll have the config in about a day, as it really isn't a lot of work. All I need to do is copy a few line using notepad++ (which I recently discovered) to the custom config.

It might be a bit of work to figure out where the refinery recipes are located though, as it isn't on a standard place, so it might be a bit longer than a day if I can't find the config location for it. Never mind. I can just use my file comparison tool to find the locations and copy the changed balues to the custom config. You'll have it tomorrow, or today if I feel like doing it still (had a long day, might just want to play a game for the hour of free time I have left).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    @Fishbreath , I finished the config. The custom config doesn't support custom recipes for some reason, so I had to do it the old fashioned way. Put the file in the zip in /starmade/data/config/ and you'll have 10x capsules, metal mesh and crystal circuits.

Oh, and expect a suggestion thread to be posted by me about the custom config and block editor. Already posted.

Edit: Let me know if this still isn't enough. I can easily change it again.

ps: If you ever want to see more custom configs, feel free to pm me with your request. It would appear that I love editing configs more than I like playing starmade, so if you ask, you'll definitely get the config you requested (unless it just can't be done, but in that case I'll let you know and do whatever can be done).

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reactions: Fishbreath