Condense angled and colored armor into one type

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    In order conserve space in the shop and inventories of players, just enable plain old gray armor to have its color and shape chosen in the advanced build options, and convert all existing instances of varied armor into the same, more flexible, type.

Having to wade through long lists of colors and shapes, hoping the shop has the color and type you need is... tedious at best.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Yeah I really wish this was how the game was, it would make adding more colors much easier and inventory management would be a lot better if you could just change the color in the advanced build mode. We need this even more now that we should be getting two new corner types of blocks, that is two blocks of every color for hardened and standard hull... I already don\'t have enough room in my inventory when building now.

Master1398

Keep calm and quit raging
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I already don\'t have enough room in my inventory when building now.

You´r right! I hate it to have my inventory full + if i´m on a server where you can buy blueprints only with blocks but the ship has more blocks than inventory slots -.-

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Would remove the usefulness of paint crafting.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    What about you need paint to colour the hull? could even go as far to have a paint tab? to save even more space

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I don\'t really see the importance of paint as an item, it just works as a barrier for creativity on a matter that is entirely cosmetic.

Whatever the shape or color of the armor is, it\'s functionally the same, so there\'s truly no reason for all the clutter and complexity. Anything that encourages a bit more design creativity by not punishing you for it it a big plus, imo anyways.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    especially the last part.

I don\'t really see the importance of paint as an item, it just works as a barrier for creativity on a matter that is entirely cosmetic.

Or use color-items to paint and get a Grey hull and color item if you salvage colored parts.

Reaction score
    Having hull types condensed into hardened and regular would be fantastic. Absolutely +1

In regards to colours, I agree that the paint should be necessary to paint a block. Colour should be in advanced build mode with each block placed as the selected colour, provided you have the corresponding paint in your inventory. Perhaps destroying a hull block of any colour only yields a grey block and you lose the paint. This would place greater importance on factories that produce paint colours (since you can\'t just salvage coloured blocks).

Reaction score
    Well then that makes it impossible to get any color other than grey, unless you buy it, maybe make it so there is just a small chance of dropping paint, so it is ineffecient to farm crazily? Makes it pointless to mine stations if all you get is one block, and not a single diff color, makes coloring hard to do, plus to make paint takes a lot of resources with the current crafting method. Either that, or make paint scematics easy to come by and take cheap stuff to make, like cactus + some grass for green, flowers + lava for red, ect.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Either that, or make paint scematics easy to come by and take cheap stuff to make, like cactus + some grass for green, flowers + lava for red, ect.

Then everybody would be destroying planets.

For stuff like color, we should use things that magically regenerate. Or it should be more or less free.

I would be fine if destroyed/salvaged stations or ships just give you the ores, not the block that you actually destroyed/salvaged and require factories to get these again.

Reaction score
    Just make paint cheaper. The only limitation will be the quantity found in shops. That way people will be encouraged to manufacture paint in large quantities, since coloured blocks will be in demand.