Comr4de Council App

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Robowl

Master Owl
    Reaction score
    Username Comr4de

Responses in this application will be posted publicly in a voting thread.

Timezone (GMT):

How much time are you able to commit to being on the council per week? Per week, I can commit six to ten hours to the council, with exceptions. Some weeks can be particularly hectic (as I am still a university student, with work) but I will notify my fellow council members if necessary.

My major time commitments at this time are the following:
    Class/associated homework - 35
    Job #1 - 18
    Job #2 - 20
    This leaves 34 hours free. Using this very basic breakdown, I believe it is possible to commit six hours a week minimum to the council, going as high as ten.

How long have you been playing StarMade? I have been playing starmade for two years now, but have only been part of the forum community for one year and eleven months, as evidenced here. http://puu.sh/gQm0C/1677f90241.png

What’s your playstyle in StarMade? I've dabbled in many playstyles. My first experience with Starmade was singleplayer tomfoolery, but I quickly found my way into the multiplayer scene. I'm not going to bore you with all the details of the rise and fall of the Arstotzkan Federation (although it really is quite interesting), but here's what you really need to know. My personal favorite playstyle is on a hardcore survival server, in a faction. Lonewolfing is fun, but gets old for me rather quickly, as I have more fun working with other players. However, I also appreciate the value of using creative build modes to explore ship designs and other ideas.

What are some qualities you think you posses that would make you a good council member? My long-term experience of both the forums and the ingame community gives me insight to the community. I've also been a member of the tester staff (I quit due to IRL circumstances).

My experience with combat is also extensive; I participated in the first and second Vaygr wars, and I recently led Arstotzkan forces on Hypercore's reset battle. I believe with this experience in not only fleet combat but also combat vessel design I can help further develop the balance we have between weapons and any future additions to the game that may affect this.

What are some of your weaknesses? -I've found that I tend to prioritize multiplayer mechanics over singleplayer elements. I personally value multiplayer content more.

-An aggressive personality type; I have a hard time tolerating excuse and B.S. This is reflected in my actions ingame and on the forums, although I generally keep my interactions and actions civil in nature.

-Redheads.

What motivates you to become a council member? My primary gripe with the game is for how long it takes for changes in balance to take place. The pierce/punchthrough change, although welcome, only happened after months had passed. I hope to hopefully streamline this process by being able to hear the community's thoughts on crafting, combat, and faction balance.

How do you contribute to the community currently? I am currently contributing to Pi-Rex's community combat guide. I also provide perspective on suggestions and new features from a veteran's standpoint.

I also lead a group of players who hail from communities like /vg/. Below are some videos of our exploits.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL6rhs9m_06C_Vs3z6c8uOw/videos

All warnings, active or inactive will be posted on your application.

Status
    Not open for further replies.