computers and turrets

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    computer and turrets. turrets can be any size at the moment with not many bad things about it being bigger and how does a single bobby module control a 1000mass turret? My idea I don't know if this has been suggested before but here it is. Turret means it goes on turret and ship means goes on ship the turret is docked to.
    Turret: Bobby module. can control a turret with of 30mass with 100% performance, uses 10 power/sec
    Ship: mini computer: can connect up to 4 turrets, can control 100mass with 100% performance shares mass it can control over all the turrets connected to it uses 50 power/sec
    Ship: mainframe computer: connects with all turrets docked to main ship, can control 250mass with 100% performance, shares it mass performance over all turrets, uses 200 power/sec
    super computer: connects up to 15 turrets, can control 1500mass with 100% performance, shares mass performance over all turrets connected to it, uses 1000 power/sec

This is just a rough idea of the numbers.
    Performance%
    0%: turret does not work
    10%:turret fires with little accuracy fires at anything that moves
    20% turret fires with more accuracy can recognise ships from asteroids
    30% turret fires with some accuracy can shoot ships at half max range of the weapon it uses
    50% turret fires with average accuracy shoots at enemy ships can shoot ships at 3/4 of weapons range
    75% turret fire accuracy fires can hit moving targets better shoots at enemy ships and can hit mobile targets at max range
    100% turret fires very accurate can hot moving targets easily, doesn't shoot at host ship, only shoots at enemy ships, can hit slow moving targets at max range and can shoot at jammed ships at 1/4 of range.
    Edit: if you connect multiply computers to a turret it receives more mass control until it has 100% performnace(I don't know to call it) e.g. if you have a 1000mass ship and connect 5 supercomputers to it, it will have 100%performnace and if you connect 1 supercomputer to it, it receives 20% performance
    Edit:

Last edited:
    Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    to sum it all up turrets performance should be based on it's mass and how what control it

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I like the concept (ship has to sync actions and distribute targets), but I don't know if I like the numbers too.

Having the same block as mini/mainframe/super is somewhat redundant, thus redundancy needs some exact well defined use-cases:
    Good numbers:
    Can control 2 turrets (left+right or top+bot)
    Can control 6 turrets (all directions)
    Can control all turrets​

If you have 1x computer for 2 or 6 turrets and 1x computer for all turrets, how do they work together?

Also: Range should increase smoothly with % (0% range @ 0% -> 100% range @ >= 75%)
    Target-type, could (my opinion) stay as a pop-in @ 20%