Read by Council Computer Core

Reaction score
    I'd like to see a "Computer Core" that acts like a ship core but doesn't move/fly or make ship sound. Could be useful for making elevators and other things (weapons, etc) on rails without ship sounds.
    Maybe it could be linked to a 'Ship's Core' to fly a ship from the bridge by the 'owner' of the ship, without having to run to the the 'Ship's Core' location each time. I just think it would be nice to load and try a made ship and fly it without having to find the core everytime.

However I am new to this game and loving every minute of it. Well done to the guys who came up with this game.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The icon for the ship should be located exactly where the ship core is. Getting there is another matter.

There is a build core that you can place on an object and you can do anything there that you can do in build mode. But the ship still requires the ship core. Not sure about sound either.

I think the idea of a computer core or pilot core is something that has been requested a lot just not sure if its something there planning on implementing. The other advantage is that the ship core is usually deeply buried but the computer core can be sitting in a nice bridge or something.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I could see this implemented a little differently. "Structure Core" which would be a core+docker. entity's with this core can have weapon blocks, and can only move as fast as an astronaut. for placement purposes. Once attached to a structure, it fits a different category, which is "structure", and not a "docked entity" or "turret", and would share full shields with the main structure. Activatable modules, if attached to a ship, would be available to the ship as if they were part of the main structure (which would allow for retractable docking ports.)

These entities could have undeathinators attached to them, if the parent object allows for undeathinators... which would allow for compartmentalized rooms inside a station, for example.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I've been thinking along the same line of thought in the past couple months.

I thought it would be good to make use of the decoration computers, there by giving them an actual true purpose.
    Another idea I had was the computer block could trigger a mini-game version of Starmade in game. It would be limited to configuring the computer, both hardware and software wise.

I also thought you could move many of the logic blocks to this mini-game, where it would then free up block ID's in the main game.

The mini-game would be pretty much empty when it starts, apart from some kind of representation for inputs and outputs to the starmade universe. This is where you would make your connections to sensor blocks or switch blocks.

You could configure your physical hardware, RAM, CPU, Storage, and any other connection types like, output to a new kind of display module that allows more than text.

The software component would be a mixture of logic blocks and perhaps some scripting.

Another thought I had was AI would simply be a logic or software component that you would simply install into the computer block.

On that note, I also thought you could incorporate this system with the NPC. Treating the NPC as an Android with Hardware/Software capabilities similar to the computer block, but with humanoid/Android limitations or restrictions.

I hope I'm not being too extreme in my thinking. I have so many more ideas around this topic and AI is a personal hobby interest of mine. :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    There is talk of adding Lua scripting in-game. There is support for scripting the NPCs. I have suggested before a logic cube that could take multiple inputs-- hitting 'V' or 'C' multiple times would select which input or output line was used. Having a 1-meter block perform one logic function is a little silly.

What I'd love to see is a ship auto pilot computer though... and be able to place another design computer on your ship, so, while your zipping off to the next star system, you can work on your snazzy new ship or station design (or whoever is in your ship tagging along for the ride).

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hey, that's a neat idea. A ship/structure builder in game. One that has all the resources at your disposal to build the blueprint and then you can work towards building or buying the finished product.

Yeah, Auto-Pilot would be nice. I use a push effect method I saw in a YouTube video.

I've tried many variations to fine tune what I want. Sadly it's only in a straight line. It allows me to web browse while my ship cruises to its destination. Mass effects acceleration, so the bigger your structure or smaller your push config the slower it accelerates.

I have made so many small test ships that have flown off into deep space, that I've had to chase down and destroy. Some I don't have a clue where they went because I forgot to take not of the name or just forgot about it.

To auto stop, I use that invisible sensor block. So, when the ship crashes into something it turns off the push effect. Handy for flying home. Although, sometime I miss and end up passing through. Doh! :)