Command change

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Hi, I would like to see some changes to the commands. I'll be brief;

1: /faction_admin_create <name> <desc> <id>
    ID should be sanity checked against known factions not to overlap with an existing faction.
    any (int)ID<0 should be AI, even numbers neut, odd agrr (pirates vs trade)

2: the spawn ship command should accept cords when used from console.

3: the initiate invasion command should accept cords when used from console

4: Add a system message called STARM_CHAT with the chat data attached so I could write a listener that
    will respond to player chats to create a way to warp players to a known location for minigames.

Things I would like to see;

A in game voice system based on distance. You should be able to voice with anyone in astronaut mode and within say 40 meters, and in a ship you should be able to "hail" them if they are within a couple of sectors or so. This would also work great with a "subspace communicator" device set for the ships that increase that range, in which case i would make the above case ship-to-ship range same sector only without comms gear. (TIP: have a look at "glibys voice mod" for another voxel type game, the code is very simple and works well.)

Another thing i would suggest would be to add functionality to the decorative computers, add an LUA processor, miniLUA would be enough, but it could work like the logic blocks and when attached to an AI module allow players to write their own code (would make drone ships more interesting)

With this in place this would be the best game on the internet for sure. The message thing I mentioned above is in reference to system call messages not log messages. I have reworked a script the maintains the server status on my linux dedicated server. Because the service is running through screen I can send commands into the console via the script. (which once I have fit in a decent state i will post it here if people want it) I simply use crontab to schedule messages. If we had system messages for things like player chats and perhaps other things then I could write a small listener that interacts.

this would allow me to create a "!warp" command into the game for mini-games etc by executing the script with the teleport command for the player name.

Thanks,
    Morlanius

Last edited: