Combine Rail Docker and Core Block for moving parts

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    As an idea maybe make a new rail docker type block that also acts as a core for a rail entity. Then make it so that entities with docker-cores don't show up on the radar?

This would de-clutter the radar screen, and reduce the number of blocks required to make small moving parts.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    As an idea maybe make a new rail docker type block that also acts as a core for a rail entity. Then make it so that entities with docker-cores don't show up on the radar?

This would de-clutter the radar screen, and reduce the number of blocks required to make small moving parts.

Honestly (and many will think im mad) there is a time and a place for the nav icons. However I think that components of a ship (like rail doors etc) having their own filter category (off by default) in Nav would be great.

(as for why I actually like them - when building a ship with a lot of them in a build server + admin, I can tab+F8 into components to fix things etc which is very helpful and something I'd hate not to lose :p)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    As an idea maybe make a new rail docker type block that also acts as a core for a rail entity.
    Honestly (and many will think im mad) there is a time and a place for the nav icons.
    I'm going to have to go for a combination of the two.

Yes, dockers should act as cores, it just makes life simpler from a construction standpoint.
    But they should also be filterable and off by default. Possibly even show up with a different icon or something.
    This is important for both hatches and turrets. Way to much clutter most of the time, but both friendly and hostile boarders are going to need to know.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Maybe only filterable to be displayed in buildmode? Then you could make hidden doors that were... well, hidden. Could lead to more challenging (and fun?) situations for boarding parties - I like to make it difficult but not impossible. If someone has the patience to board and steal my ship without getting lost or killed, then all credit to them. I shouldn't have left it somewhere stupid ;).