Colored Crystals

Reaction score
    I'm reasonably sure this was brought up on the old forum but for the life of me I don't remember what the answer was. So here is the question again. During the lead up to the last update there was talk of adding new colored crystals to the game. I had assumed those were in the new update but if they are I have yet to locate them. Does anyone know what the status of this addition is?

Thank you.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Currently not ingame.
    Not sure about the exact details, but it's just a matter of kupu getting them textured and schema adding the blocks to official release, colors and all.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    No they wheren't in the lastest update, but i do believe they're still planned.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    There was some talk about the new crystals here: http://starmadedock.net/threads/art-suggestions-for-realistic-texture-set.153/#post-1438

It's not dead and I think Kupu is really pushing for them.

I don't know why the idea of unique color crystals was met with such harsh resistance when Calbiri brought it up the first time. It's a purely aesthetic option that would be completely optional. If you don't like them nobody is forcing you to use them.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    There is an official naming contest going on for new crystals and ores. I'm assuming this means there are new crystals to name.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    There was some talk about the new crystals here: http://starmadedock.net/threads/art-suggestions-for-realistic-texture-set.153/#post-1438

It's not dead and I think Kupu is really pushing for them.

I don't know why the idea of unique color crystals was met with such harsh resistance when Calbiri brought it up the first time. It's a purely aesthetic option that would be completely optional. If you don't like them nobody is forcing you to use them.
    I think it's because people were thinking adding a decorative block would take some sort of monumental effort on schema's part, while in reality, all the work could be done entirely by kupu, right down to adding them in the block editor and submitting them to schema for inclusion in an update.

Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    There is an official naming contest going on for new crystals and ores. I'm assuming this means there are new crystals to name.
    I had seen that but never connected the dots, I just thought it was just the ores for the new crafting system, but nothing says our decorative crystals can't have further purpose.

Reaction score
    Great information thank you guys for the quick reply! Now names for crystals hummm...

Green = Buggnite = in salute of all the bugs and glitches we shall have to over come while in alpha.
    Light Blue = Bornite (boring) because its the only one available and everyone has used it to death.
    Pink = Kittinite (Hello Kitty) a deadly radioactive substance to every male life form in the universe.

Reactions: Agame3
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Great information thank you guys for the quick reply! Now names for crystals hummm...

Green = Buggnite = in salute of all the bugs and glitches we shall have to over come while in alpha.
    Light Blue = Bornite (boring) because its the only one available and everyone has used it to death.
    Pink = Kittinite (Hello Kitty) a deadly radioactive substance to every male life form in the universe.
    You'll want to refer to this page for naming suggestions: http://starmadedock.net/threads/name-that-mineral.315/

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think alot of the resistance was because somebody said "new ice crystals" and a bunch of people went "aww na ice aint dat colour!"

Reactions: Sven_The_Slayer