Colored Beacons

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The scenario: I like exterior lighting on my ships. I also like giving some of my ships blinking running lights (like commercial jets, private planes, etc), but currently there is a problem with this. Standard lights are far too dim out "in the black" to see from any appreciable distance away, and though beacons would work, they only come in white which is somewhat limiting.

Solution:
    It would be really nice to have beacons available in different colors (with matching colored halos) to allow doing things like steady or blinking lights that are visible from far off in space.

Such things could also be used as long distance visual signals, or adding accents to very large engine/weapon arrays, etc.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    *clears throat*

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    this could be done with CV system, C beacon and V other light source, just like the weapon color system

Reactions: ltmauve
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I like the idea of adding functionality instead of blocks. Linking beacons to traditional lights to change their color is a beautiful idea.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I hearby bump this because I am far too lazy to make a thread asking for the same thing.

Reaction score
    I too would like there to be beacons of different colors. Not sure how the whole C-V system would work. Unless things have changed each weapon system needs its own light, can't share one light between systems. Might work better to have the lights adopt the beacon effect when linked (V) to a beacon block (C), this way each entity would only need one beacon block to change as many lights as needed rather than one colored light block per beacon block.

Of course my logic and reasoning could be way off target here, please forgive my ignorance if that is the case.