collision prevention field emitter

Reaction score
    exactly what i said in the title.

this block (or multiblock-structure) should emit a form of invisble bubble around the ship.

This "bubble" would let the ship bounce off an object (asteroid) (other ship) before it even touches it.

so the field would prevent giant stucked ships which kill servers.

the CP-field would consume power depending on the mass and the speed of the ship when the bubble would collide with an object.

it would pretty much have the same effect like the new pulse-weapon, propelling the ship away from the prevented collision.

it also could be used to keep small fighters at distance.

maybe it wouldn't even be necessary to cover the whole ship in one giant bubble.
    one at the front and one at the rear end would do. (or on every object sticking out of the ship)

the bubbles would only be visible on collision or during buildmode when the CP-Field-CPU is sele(scumbag chat popped up)...selected.

just a suggestion to enchance gameplay.
    let me know what you think:)

(sorry english isn't one of my strengths)

Reaction score
    The entire point of the block-by-block collision programming that schema put in was to NOT to this, though.

Reaction score
    instead of solving a problem trough a nice new system we just ignore it!

(yes i know, that wasn\'t the most mature thing i ever did but i think it was necessary)

so you are fine with lagging servers, giant bugged ships and douches flying into asteroids.
    i\'m not saying block by block physics is a bad idea, it\'s actually great and very realistic!
    you are right. stupid players wouldn\'t use the collision prevention systems anyway.

i just tried to contribute in a constructive way

ok. have fun.

Reaction score
    I like the idea would efinatly help huge ships navicate and not get stuck on or between astroids.
    but the only issue is that if you look at the fetures in the game that have been in game sence reliece and how buggy they are still, then look at the CP-feild idea, I think it would be extremely buggy and be more of a hassle then an improvement (If put on a ship). I stll like the idea though.

Reaction score
    as the game is still in a very early state the cp-system might be very buggy.

i tought of it in a way to prevent lag issiues and stuff.

maybe in a later stage.

bugfixing and the game in general should have priority atm.

it\'s just a suggestion:)

thx for your answer.

Reaction score
    Yea I think my biggest fear with it through would be having docking issues or pushing other peoples ship around on accident

Reaction score
    \"Everyone who disagrees with my suggestion is an idiot and also wants to make the game fail and punches babies. I will prove this with image spam, and then complain that they don\'t argue constructively.\"