Codes 4 Wireless Blocks

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi so i had a idea just tell me if its stupid or if can even be done but i was messing with the wireless blocks and the problem of them un-linking over time. So what if they had a 6 to 8 digit code that you would enter and this code would link to any wireless blocks that had a matching code. Then they would always re-link to there corresponding brother and when separated by far distant you would not have to travel across the galaxy to re-link them.

Thank you for your Time.

Reaction score
    Was thinking the same since we've got Transporters that work on wifi-like system.

Each controller on an Entity could be put into a category (which is added by the players, doors, security, etc), and locked under a code or faction-permissions module, then detected and used via a master controller signal?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Reminds me about "ports" in the network communication of real computers.
    Port 80 is the default HTTP port.​

Every port below 1024 is reserved for things like HTTP hyper-text-transfer-protocol, DNS domain-name-system, ...
    In SM, this would be equivalent to "Requesting Dock Permission", "Sending ship's ID data", etc​

And at some time there will be many competing docking number-standards per server.
    Until somebody makes a new UsD UsN standard.​

Reaction score
    I like the idea. This would allow an entity to have an "IP" address and then have "ports" that are listened to for various remote connections.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I like this idea as well. Actually, it wouldn't have to be limited to just a PIN. Technically anything could be entered in the field to link, ie. "Turret 1" or "Control Deck Door". Maybe even some sort of identifier to distinguish between master and slave wireless blocks. Maybe "M = Turret 1", and "S = Turret 1". That would prevent having to travel and C&V at all. I'm not even sure if M and S should be required. Just have them link and be done with it, but I know I wasn't able to get my conference room working unless I copied from Wireless block A to Wireless block B. It wouldn't work when copying Wireless Block B to wireless block A.

Wireless modules were used in my last ship, but the one I'm working on now (not released), the wireless modules play a serious, major role in the whole design. Without them, I wouldn't be constructing it (not sure if I could), so if the links break on it, it'll probably be easier to just spawn a new one from blueprint (although I haven't confirmed if this would even work).

Last edited: