Cockpit Facing = Actual Viewport direction - useful for docking

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It's clear now after the latest docking changes where you see a blue box and green box appear to indicate why your ship has failed to dock that being able to have a cockpit that faces DOWN so I can easily use it and fire the docking beam to dock would make life alot easier regarding docking.

Because when you have a big ship, you try to aim at docking module, but your ship turns, abit goes below the docking module box, or on side, or whatever. You can make docking boxes huge, but you cant make them go BEHIND the facing of the docking module - causing this difficulty docking big ships.

Actually having the cockpit face BE what it looks at would allow me to align the cockpit perfectly below my ship core, and keep my ship level alot easier.

Directional controls should remain same. W still goes forward etc (not down if cockpit faces down). Mousing should change though to reflect viewport facing.

Also be cool to look behind your ship when you want to for fun.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    much agreed, id liek to be able to load people and fire side guns this would make id pheasable