Cloaks/jammers - less power

Reaction score
    Could you make it so cloaks and jammers would require less power so they can conceal bigger and more complex ships? I know balance is needed, but it is now unbalanced the other way around - it is too hard to properly cloak ship that is actually protected.

Reaction score
    I won\'t completely agree with you, meaning of cloaking/jamming ships is that they don\'t need much of a protection, because nobody will fire on them if they don\'t see them, you can\'t have a battle cruiser with half million shields and antimatter cannons that can also cloak, I can see one use for stealth ships other than scouting, and that is launching bombs/big torpedo, you rely solely on one strike to deal respectable damage to a much bigger sized ship (which is much slower than you), and then get the hell out of there while the captain of the other ship still doesn\'t know what\'s going on

this concept is pretty much the same in every game/ even real life, the stealth classes always keep themselves hidden and rely on one powerful attack that would bring their opponent down because they don\'t have that much protections or weapons(except stealth/cloak), .. and sadly, this is not yet possible in starmade, there is no way to this \"one hit\" thing right now.

howewer I agree that you should at least be able to make your cloaking ships aesthetically pleasing.. one way to do that would be, make blocks with unique abilities (modules, batteries, weapons, especially shields ..) draw more power for cloaking than hull blocks

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Perhaps there should be different levels of cloaks/jammers. Each progressing type is more effective, but requires more power to use.

Reaction score
    not a fan of \"different levels\"

in my eyes having special modules/blocks consume more power is still the best solution,

right now there is 100 power / block power consumtion when cloak is on, however it could be for example 30 power per each \"hull\" block, then 120 power for each weapon block, 150 for shield blocks, and so on, if you get the idea..

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I don\'t think this should be done. Right now you can\'t permastealth (cloak+jam) anything above 655.4 mass assuming a perfectly optimal power setup, but that doesn\'t stop anyone from putting lots of power tanks on a huge ship and using that to add 30 seconds of cloak. Do you really want someone flying around their 8000 mass warship in permacloak so nobody can target it, periodically popping out behind people to core them before going back into cloak? It\'s better that they would have to devote most of the mass to power tanks in order to cloak something like that for any meaningful amount of time.

mou

Reaction score
    I agree, its impossible to make a \'nice\' shuttle with that power request but I think it shouldn\'t be too easy to get cloaked because it could ruin the game if all ships can have that

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Why not check this out: http://star-made.org/content/cloakjammer-and-hulls

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    What do u think about diverting power from say shields and weapons to give a boost to the effectiveness of the cloak, taking the other systems offline and essentially giving the cloak more power to work with. When you shut your cloak off the shields and weapons automatically come back online after a short cooldown. However the problem is that ship systems only use power when acted upon, so im not sure about the details of implementing this idea.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Shields don\'t take power until you are hit. Weapons don\'t take power unless you fire.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Yeah i know. Thats what i said in the last sentence.