Cloaker & Jammer Not Deactivating on Exit

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I have no idea where this problem has come from as I haven't noticed it before.

OK. Scout ship with cloaker and radar jammer active...ao far so good. There have been times in the past that I have wished that these things stayed on when you exit the core but live with the fact they don't. I have some semi role-play ships that require me to wander around at times to carry out various functions and I have been prone to attack sometimes if there is a pirate station near(ish).

Imagine my horror when, on exiting my scout ship, the core decided to pop me outside in space rather in the cockpit. 999 times out of 1000 I sit before entering the core but this time I didn't. The radar jammer and cloak remained in operation and I was effectively stuck in space. I couldn't see the ship - cloak, I couldn't get the ship up on navigation/HUD - jammer. I could shoot it with my laser but I couldn't work out where I was in relation to the door!

A 30km journey by emergency ship core got me home to collect another ship. Luckily my scout is fitted with a transporter so I was able to fly back to the sector and transport over to it and switch off the cloak.

Thinking it was simply a case of "just one of those meh moments" I ignored I but later I noticed it happened again with a radar jammer. I then put it down to a particular issue with the session but the following day, after two server resets and reloading my client it happened again with my scout ship which was docked! Again, transporter came to the rescue!