CIR - Term 3 Councillors Announced

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    While that may or may not be the official list of current councillors, the fact is there was talk about suspending the council entirely for the time being.

I think with such a significant change either way, we shouldn't have to gather that information ourselves based on educated guesses, or find it by accident, buried in some thread only marginally related to the topic.
    And while Criss never specifically said which weekend, I think it's safe to assume this weekend has come and gone by now...
    Well it is clear we did not suspend the council.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    How so? The QA thread is dead, we don't see them post often, if at all. As far as we can tell, the council sits with fancy names and a thumb up their arses.

Reaction score
    Nothing is clear if you, ie. Schine, don't communicate. And I can only repeat that I don't consider a snarky answer in some obscure thread - after being asked directly and repeatedly - a public announcement.
    What is so difficult about a post on the front page saying "We had some of your elected councillors leave, we don't yet know how to deal with the situation, this is where we stand right now, more information forthcoming" ?

Keeping quiet only conveys a vague impression that (at least parts of) Schine are no longer interested in the council, or feedback in general. I'm not saying that's the case, but even if it is, why don't you just say so. It can't take over a month to cook up some brief statement, can it?

Keep us in the loop is all I'm asking.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    How so? The QA thread is dead, we don't see them post often, if at all. As far as we can tell, the council sits with fancy names and a thumb up their arses.
    We work in the dark to serve the light. Trust me we've been pretty busy lately gathering good suggestions. We just haven't been posting as often even though we should

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    We work in the dark to serve the light. Trust me we've been pretty busy lately gathering good suggestions. We just haven't been posting as often even though we should
    You're supposed to tag threads, yet the current suggestions first page has only 2 tagged... What exactly is the council doing if they're not doing the Q&A, not replying and not tagging threads?! You know, your jobs.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You're supposed to tag threads, yet the current suggestions first page has only 2 tagged... What exactly is the council doing if they're not doing the Q&A, not replying and not tagging threads?! You know, your jobs.
    After the sudden outbreak of feedback at the end of term 2, things have changed. In term 2 we basically camped the suggestion thread to immediately respond to a suggestion. At the end of term 2 many people told us they didn't like it and looking back at it, it wasn't the best. In term 2 I felt like I should always post on a thread I read, to show that I did but people saw the response of a councilor as the final decision if a suggestion is or isn't good. And will also not add something to a suggestion. every thread ended up with about 4 posts.

Furthermore, we changed when and how we'd use tags. "read by council" for example will only be given to a thread that has actually been read by the whole council. Also, the council shouldn't have to respond unless we have something to say. That means rarely because we as council don't have something to say, we are just a communication link (btw I didn't know that council members were unclear). If there is a good suggestion many people agree on, we will ALL read it and discuss if it could cause problems and such (then a tag will be added such as read by council or recognised by council) After that a schine developer will look at the thread and will add a tag and/or respond if needed.

And please, like you do now, just ask. Feedback is more than welcome. Right now I have lot's of time and am very active on the forums (even if I don't post I'm still active in conversations and chat) So I'll watch that Q&A from now on (totally forgot about it)

ps: next week I will be gone on holiday to France for 3 weeks, depending on the camp site, I may or may not be active at all.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Crimson-Artist