Cheap and Cheezy Survival Mode.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This is not so much as "you must do this" sort of suggestion. More of a "what if" for people to bat around.

I've always been slightly chafed by the concept of infinite free energy.
    The concept of a Star-Made "Survival mode" has received a lot of attention. That's not new.
    The concept of Fuel has received a lot of attention. That's not new.

What might be new is that I think I see a cheap and easy way to at least minimally satisfy the above without new blocks, new mechanics, or even more than a few new variables.

I propose a game mode where:
    • Power storage blocks have a vastly increased capacity. (X*1000 or more)
    • Power reactor blocks have vastly reduced output. They ensure you are never completely dead in the water.
    • Being in-sector with a trade base or a faction base re-charges your capacitors. (or perhaps the TG will re-charge you for a fee)
    • Mining (salvage beam collecting blocks) also collects energy, recharging your capacitors.

Of course all of this could LEAD to alternate reactors, fuel, alternate thrust, and all the stuff that has been ranted about before... But I'm suggesting a simple way to take a step down that road without a major effort for the developers.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This is not so much as "you must do this" sort of suggestion. More of a "what if" for people to bat around.

I've always been slightly chafed by the concept of infinite free energy.
    The concept of a Star-Made "Survival mode" has received a lot of attention. That's not new.
    The concept of Fuel has received a lot of attention. That's not new.

What might be new is that I think I see a cheap and easy way to at least minimally satisfy the above without new blocks, new mechanics, or even more than a few new variables.

I propose a game mode where:
    • Power storage blocks have a vastly increased capacity. (X*1000 or more)
    • Power reactor blocks have vastly reduced output. They ensure you are never completely dead in the water.
    • Being in-sector with a trade base or a faction base re-charges your capacitors. (or perhaps the TG will re-charge you for a fee)
    • Mining (salvage beam collecting blocks) also collects energy, recharging your capacitors.

Of course all of this could LEAD to alternate reactors, fuel, alternate thrust, and all the stuff that has been ranted about before... But I'm suggesting a simple way to take a step down that road without a major effort for the developers.
    My mod that I was developing was aiming for similiar changes :P