Charon 2.0 - A WIP super titan [Update 5 : new medium turret]

Reaction score
    UPDATE 9:
    This is the most recent iteration of the oblivion drone that is to be installed en masses on the Charon. It features double missile turrets, a freeze beam, extremely powerful back mounted vertical lock-on missiles and overdrive :D .

Looks kind of ugly I like the model but not the detail work, design etc. I can make it better if you like :).

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Looks kind of ugly I like the model but not the detail work, design etc. I can make it better if you like :).
    :(

It actually looks much much much better ingame. And it's pretty hard to add detail to something that size (it has around 70 mass). It could probably look better but it would really compromise performance (trust me, I tried) :p

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    :(

It actually looks much much much better ingame. And it's pretty hard to add detail to something that size (it has around 70 mass). It could probably look better but it would really compromise performance (trust me, I tried) :p
    A 70 mass drone would really only serve as distraction, so why not make it look so good it blinds the opponent?

Reactions: Keptick

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    A 70 mass drone would really only serve as distraction, so why not make it look so good it blinds the opponent?
    lol, it's especially made to serve as cannon fodder and taking out small targets (since turrets are garbage). But you have a good point, this one was also for use a a transport by me :P. I'll try to make a more visually pleasing version (it WILL slash the stats, though).

Reaction score
    lol, it's especially made to serve as cannon fodder and taking out small targets (since turrets are garbage). But you have a good point, this one was also for use a a transport by me :p. I'll try to make a more visually pleasing version (it WILL slash the stats, though).
    You don't have to slash the stats to make it look good because I know exactly how to make it look better without affecting its performance :).

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    You don't have to slash the stats to make it look good because I know exactly how to make it look better without affecting its performance :).
    By all means, please tell :D . I'll post the sment file tomorrow (cause it's fraking late right now) if you want to modify it. Keep in mind that it can't get any bigger.

Reaction score
    By all means, please tell :D . I'll post the sment file tomorrow (cause it's fraking late right now) if you want to modify it. Keep in mind that it can't get any bigger.
    Why not? docking size? what are the max dimensions I have to work with for your docking module so I know how big and how small I can go :).

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    UPDATE #10
    Finished the Hull on the wings (YAY), no detail as of yet but it will come (eventually).

I also changed the first pictures in the OP to reflect the changes. Please keep in mind that the shields/wings are NOT DETAILED YET :p

Edit: Also forgot to mention that there are no wedges.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    UPDATE #10
    Finished the Hull on the wings (YAY), no detail as of yet but it will come (eventually).

I also changed the first pictures in the OP to reflect the changes. Please keep in mind that the shields/wings are NOT DETAILED YET :p

Edit: Also forgot to mention that there are no wedges.
    I still don't like the wings... but hey everybody has there own opinion :). Meh it will grow on me. It probably looks better in game :p.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    What's that I spy underneath the left wing with the Reaper and the turret?
    Just a WIP that I never finished :P. It was just to test a concept, firing missiles that deal 80 million damage at once with a very long reload.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Eh, I don't like the joint between the upper and lower halves of the shield-wing. You can't see any of the support sructure from some angles, so it looks like they should be flopping around a lot. You should probably add some form of bracing to make it look more solid.
    That aside, the sharp line on the front is good.
    Just a WIP that I never finished :p. It was just to test a concept, firing missiles that deal 80 million damage at once with a very long reload.
    Missile pod? Dump it off something and leave it there to occasionally fire at enemies.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Eh, I don't like the joint between the upper and lower halves of the shield-wing. You can't see any of the support sructure from some angles, so it looks like they should be flopping around a lot. You should probably add some form of bracing to make it look more solid.
    That aside, the sharp line on the front is good.
    That's something I was planning on adding and you confirmed it ;)

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I've had a fairly big drop in motivation for building this thing. I think that I'm just going to build some other stuff for a little while. So don't expect updates any time soon.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    The ship is looking great and must be bigger than some stations. By the way what sort of FPS do you get when looking at the hole thing at once?

Reaction score
    The ship is looking great and must be bigger than some stations. By the way what sort of FPS do you get when looking at the hole thing at once?
    If you have a decent gaming GPU like a gtx 760 or 770 you should get 60+ fps :).

Reaction score
    omg i just died from awsomeness overload of just looking at this thing

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I get around 7-10 fps when looking at the whole thing :P . But I'm using a 3 years old laptop. So yea, I don't load the entire thing in while building. I expect the FPS to go back up once I start filling in with systems.