Charon 2.0 - A WIP super titan [Update 5 : new medium turret]

Reaction score
    Hi Keptick how's the titan project doing? You haven't posted any new updates recently so I have been wondering if everything is going alright :). And keep up the great work :D!

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I haven't built much lately. I plan on doing some work today, though.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    -merged with the next post-

Edit: could I please get a mod to delete this post since we can't do it ourselves?

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    UPDATE #8

Am currently building the hull for the wings that are located on both sides of the middle section (that's where the image from the previous post came from). Note: the frame seen in the previous post wasn't built yet when I took these two screenies. Speaking of frame, that part is going to be an absolute nightmare to make. I plan on adding smaller turrets in the wing's "middle hole thingy" as well as some detailing like the rest of the ship.

Time to play connect the dots and get a brain aneurysm in the process!!!

Opinions, feedback, good/bad?

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    THIS ship requires Wagnerian opera.
    lol, I'd totally blast "The ride of the Valkyries" into everyone's coms if I could.

~Tun tun tun tuuuuuun tuuuun tun tun tun tuuun tuuuuuun tun tun tuuun tuuuuuun tuuuun tun tun tuuun tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun~

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    UPDATE #8

Am currently building the hull for the wings that are located on both sides of the middle section (that's where the image from the previous post came from). Note: the frame seen in the previous post wasn't built yet when I took these two screenies. Speaking of frame, that part is going to be an absolute nightmare to make. I plan on adding smaller turrets in the wing's "middle hole thingy" as well as some detailing like the rest of the ship.

Time to play connect the dots and get a brain aneurysm in the process!!!

Opinions, feedback, good/bad?
    It looks amazing :D! Also the completed wings/fins look a lot better than the frame wings/fins :). And before I couldn't exactly tell what the shape was so what I saw looked a lot worse than what it was supposed to look like :P. And keep up the great work :D!

Reactions: Keptick

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    It looks amazing :D! Also the completed wings/fins look a lot better than the frame wings/fins :). And before I couldn't exactly tell what the shape was so what I saw looked a lot worse than what it was supposed to look like :p. And keep up the great work :D!
    Thanks a lot!!! After all the past critique I wasn't too sure if I should keep the wings or not, but I think that this latest iteration looks pretty good.

Reaction score
    I still don't like the wings, I think they look very out of place on this style of building, as much as I try I still can't see them as part of the ship, more like someone just pasted a couple of shapes onto the side to see how it would look. They just really don't fit the overall theme/design.

They also create several blind spots for your turrets, and will probably prevent your super-turret from rotating neatly. That's my 2 cents. ^^

Amazing work overall though.

Reaction score
    I still don't like the wings, I think they look very out of place on this style of building, as much as I try I still can't see them as part of the ship, more like someone just pasted a couple of shapes onto the side to see how it would look. They just really don't fit the overall theme/design.

They also create several blind spots for your turrets, and will probably prevent your super-turret from rotating neatly. That's my 2 cents. ^^

Actually judging by the design the turrets have no critical blind spots also the bottom turrets so big the barrel will probably extend over the wings :P. And the wings provide great missile protection for the hanger :D!

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold

"pasted a couple of shapes together" uh... isn't that the whole ship? ;)

But you're right about the turrets, it's something I did think about but couldn't find any alternative. As for the bottom turret, in a realistic setting I'd have it maneuver around the wings but the AI is too simple for that. I could also just have the bottom wings part fold up if we could do that...

I don't get why you say that they don't fit in the overall design/theme. Don't forget that they are going to be thicker (look at the frame). Besides, the rest of the ship is pretty pointy too :p.

But yea... I've been having doubts about them too... I'll just see how it turns out tbh.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    O.O
    How come I overlooked this thread for so long...
    Praise be to Keptick. Praise be to the Keptick titan.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Keptick

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    O.O

Strange to say that, for someone who almost only builds cubes. :p
    Just wondering, what so you think about the two side wings? (check the update #8)

Reaction score
    O.O

Strange to say that, for someone who almost only builds cubes. :p
    Fuck off dude, no need to turn stuff around on me when I'm providing some very valid constructive criticism to a build I actually like.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Just wondering, what so you think about the two side wings? (check the update #8)
    They could be a little sleeker, but I like the idea behind it.
    And for the rest of the ship: Details. Detaaaaails.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Thanks a lot. Even though it's a personal capship I may upload it under the conditions of people not using it against me. Or just a gimped version (systems wise), I really haven't taken a decision on that yet. And I'm pretty sure that it's gonna have to wait for a couple more months lol.
    I really think every ship should have a version that's just a shell. Thus, it can be refitted with ease, and as a bonus nobody can use your ship against you as a doomcube would do the same thing, all depending on how they design it.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I really think every ship should have a version that's just a shell. Thus, it can be refitted with ease, and as a bonus nobody can use your ship against you as a doomcube would do the same thing, all depending on how they design it.
    I actually just plan on giving out the fully fit ship, it will be over the credit limit so I'm not too worried about people crashing servers with it :p. And I'm completing the exterior before adding in any systems, so it should be easy enough to refit.