Charon 2.0 - A WIP super titan [Update 5 : new medium turret]

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    When do you think that you will finish the Charon ?
    It depends a lot on when the next update will come out. I'm a bit reticent to work on it since I don't know what will need changing. I'm just making systems at the moment.

Reaction score
    This ship is a few days older than 1 year old! Congrats! It must be HUGE if its not done yet ;)

I remember starting Starmade right around the time you started this build, I'm just now coming back to Starmade and I'm glad to see you are still going strong with this build.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    This ship is a few days older than 1 year old! Congrats! It must be HUGE if its not done yet ;)

I remember starting Starmade right around the time you started this build, I'm just now coming back to Starmade and I'm glad to see you are still going strong with this build.
    The thread is, the ship itself was started something like a year and a half ago :P

Reaction score
    The captain's tube (I still can't find a proper name) Medituboid™ can recreate a virtual zen garden in a virtual world (among other things, think SAO or matrix style). In case someone would need one ;)

The physical zen garden will be in my station :p
    dayum.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Definitely going to need to see the full detailing to give any feedback, there's just not enough for me to see where you're going. I'm sure it will be fantastic, though.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Didn't I tell you to do this like, a year ago :p

The moral of the story is that eventually everyone does as they're told, whether they know it or not.

Seriously though, it looks good, I always liked your ship, but I think this is what it needs.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Update #26: Detailing pass

I detailed the front and back due to annoyance at the lack of detail and feedback I got from the Chat stating that I should "ADD MOAR DETAIL!" (thanks for the feedback btw). Honestly though, it's something I wanted to do for a while but just didn't know how to it. I'm leaving the middle section plain because I quite like it that way. I'm going to be detailing the side sections where the wing turret pylons are located. However, that's gonna have to wait for the rail update since I'll need to do changes in the area anyways.

As always, feedback is appreciated and I hope that you like the change! Cause I sure do (especially the back) ^_^

Note; I'll be updating the pics in the OP tomorrow since I'm currently not on my computer.

Edit:

Note: I put the ship in the sun so that the detail is more visible.

Last edited:

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I still liked the robo-eye better :P
    Good job Keppy! it looks awesome and the detail really does look good, fits with the overall style.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    That effort definitely paid off.
    I do agree on the detail thing about the grey part though. If there was prominently visible fine detail on some parts of your ship while others serve as eyerest, then the scale of the charon would be more visible. With less sparse and finer greebling (down to single-block level in rare instances) it wouldn't look smaller than it actually is on screenshots I believe. Apart from curve accuracy, the current detail on the charon could be replicated easily on a smaller variant of it, which means you still have leeway in terms of detail.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I updated all the pics in the first post and added pictures of the interior. Check them out if you want to see the ship from different angles.
    Oh, and this:

Note: I put the ship in the sun so that the detail is more visible.
    wicked!

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Yes indeed, the improvement is real, and really it doesn't take a great deal off effort to make the change from plain to having just enough detail to make it look good!

And then you have me. Where the details have to have details.