Charon 2.0 - A WIP super titan [Update 5 : new medium turret]

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    Tbh, that's probably what I'll do. I don't expect newbies to be able to afford it on servers anyways, lol.

Unrelated; 90% of the grav tube network is done. The automated transit station is done (thank god).
    all we want is the shell! the shell! the shell keptic!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah, feel free to keep the systems to yourself. But we do want the shell.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    all we want is the shell! the shell! the shell keptic!
    I SERIOUSLY doubt that you'd manage to make the systems faster than I will :p. And no, the shell isn't something that I'm going to be releasing (ever), for multiple reasons. Sorry m8s

I'll either release the full version or one with slightly nerfed systems. Tbh, with the way the game works at the moment there's no secret way of making systems. It's all about preferred ratios, which I don't mind people knowing.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I SERIOUSLY doubt that you'd manage to make the systems faster than I will :p. And no, the shell isn't something that I'm going to be releasing (ever), for multiple reasons. Sorry m8s

I'll either release the full version or one with slightly nerfed systems. Tbh, with the way the game works at the moment there's no secret way of making systems. It's all about preferred ratios, which I don't mind people knowing.
    if you release it with minimal systems ill simply strip it down to the shell myself

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    if you release it with minimal systems ill simply strip it down to the shell myself
    I think a shell would be great (If not save one for yourself keptick just in case) but I also see why you wouldn't just release it as hull work is what is creativity part of the ship as it shows what style the builder chose. Unless its a direct copy of something :P On a side not its freaking awesome and you have to let me know when you have finished it :D

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I think a shell would be great (If not save one for yourself keptick just in case) but I also see why you wouldn't just release it as hull work is what is creativity part of the ship as it shows what style the builder chose. Unless its a direct copy of something :p On a side not its freaking awesome and you have to let me know when you have finished it :D
    Oh yea, I'm definitely saving one for myself (for refits and such), I'll think about releasing just the shell (current asnwer is still no). And sure, if I remember to I'll let you know once it's finished ^_^

Reactions: Moultonlava5

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    UPDATE #25: Gravity tube network.

That's the central hub, grav tubes going to every room meet up there. A player only has to press the proper button and the rim of the proper tube will light up. Like this:

When the player tries to get in the wall will automatically open up and close behind the player. Nothing will happen if the proper button hasn't been pressed (that was to make sure that players don't get sucked in when stepping over the floor tubes). Everything is automated once a player is inside the tube, so there's no need to worry about gravity changes and doors opening (it's also way faster this way). Here's what the inside of a tube looks like;
    I also made almost every door in the ship automatic (including force-field doors), so no need to open them up manually :D.

Oh, and idk if I ever mentioned it but I created sort of a miniature personal shuttle-bay a while ago.

The access bridge thingie automatically "retracts" when it undocks, and the hangar door opens automatically too. Exit can be done really really fast by simply flying up, so this doubles up as a fancy escape vehicle. The bay is located right behind the bridge, protected from frontal enemy fire by the bulk of the ship.

I had to go high-tech on this one. It's basically a highly modified skoomdrone. Removed the passive push system (not the push pulse though, that's still in there >: D). Added two anti-missile turrets, a jump drive and two anti-personnel rapid-fire rocket launchers.

So, this update pretty much means that the interior is done :D. All that needs to be done now is the systems, unless I get an unplanned idea, of course. Finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel...

As always, feedback is appreciated ^_^

Last edited:

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Looks like you got one hell of a turkey to stuff there :O
    BTW that is the first inside-hull shot I see. All shield foam neatly cubified. Jeez, that space.

Reactions: Keptick

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Looks like you got one hell of a turkey to stuff there :O
    BTW that is the first inside-hull shot I see. All shield foam neatly cubified. Jeez, that space.
    Yes, shield foam best foam! Also keep in mind that you can't see the two prongs, so there's even more space xD.

Kinda why I could make such massive rooms. There wasn't really any restrictions space wise.

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    UPDATE #25: Gravity tube network.

That's the central hub, grav tubes going to every room meet up there. A player only has to press the proper button and the rim of the proper tube will light up. Like this:

When the player tries to get in the wall will automatically open up and close behind the player. Nothing will happen if the proper button hasn't been pressed (that was to make sure that players don't get sucked in when stepping over the floor tubes). Everything is automated once a player is inside the tube, so there's no need to worry about gravity changes and doors opening (it's also way faster this way). Here's what the inside of a tube looks like;
    I also made almost every door in the ship automatic (including force-field doors), so no need to open them up manually :D.

Oh, and idk if I ever mentioned it but I created sort of a miniature personal shuttle-bay a while ago.

The access bridge thingie automatically "retracts" when it undocks, and the hangar door opens automatically too. Exit can be done really really fast by simply flying up, so this doubles up as a fancy escape vehicle. The bay is located right behind the bridge, protected from frontal enemy fire by the bulk of the ship.

I had to go high-tech on this one. It's basically a highly modified skoomdrone. Removed the passive push system (not the push pulse though, that's still in there >: D). Added two anti-missile turrets, a jump drive and two anti-personnel rapid-fire rocket launchers.

So, this update pretty much means that the interior is done :D. All that needs to be done now is the systems, unless I get an unplanned idea, of course. Finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel...

As always, feedback is appreciated ^_^
    Dat tube network tho.

Reaction score
    It's hard to say something that's not already been said, but wow. This ship.. Well, it transcends being just a ship. This is a true work of art, a work of engineering, a work of genius. The commitment, passion, dedication and time you've put into this is truly incredible, and it shows in every aspect of the ship. The overall shape is stunning, the details are magnificent, and I'm running out of adjectives but this is simply phenomenal.

I read through most of this thread over the past two days, and your willingness to modify, change, and improve things you've already done is really impressive and I think one of the biggest reasons it is what it is now. I'm sure this is something you'll remember for the rest of your life- it's simply a masterpiece. Well done, and I look forward to seeing your continued improvements, revisions, and progress.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    It's hard to say something that's not already been said, but wow. This ship.. Well, it transcends being just a ship. This is a true work of art, a work of engineering, a work of genius. The commitment, passion, dedication and time you've put into this is truly incredible, and it shows in every aspect of the ship. The overall shape is stunning, the details are magnificent, and I'm running out of adjectives but this is simply phenomenal.

I read through most of this thread over the past two days, and your willingness to modify, change, and improve things you've already done is really impressive and I think one of the biggest reasons it is what it is now. I'm sure this is something you'll remember for the rest of your life- it's simply a masterpiece. Well done, and I look forward to seeing your continued improvements, revisions, and progress.
    Comments like this are incredibly helpful for motivation. I'd like to say more but I've never been very good at responding to positive comments like this one, even if it really means a lot to me. I'll just keep it simple; Thank you :')

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold

There's 164 docked entities excluding the drone racks. 210 including the drone racks. I was thinking about adding chaff but I think that increasing the amount of docked entities might cause slight stability issues.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    [/SPOILER]

As usual everything looks amazingly great. I did notice in these pictures that it looks like you might have some ice crystals that are still damaged from that last big update that improved armor. Lord knows I am still fighting this issue myself.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    As usual everything looks amazingly great. I did notice in these pictures that it looks like you might have some ice crystals that are still damaged from that last big update that improved armor. Lord knows I am still fighting this issue myself.
    Yea, the devs said that it should get fixed eventually. I'm impressed that you noticed.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Yea, the devs said that it should get fixed eventually. I'm impressed that you noticed.
    I've more or less trained myself to see those blocks now. It almost feels like there is less luminance on the damaged ice crystal blocks in addition to the degraded appearance. Its especially noticeable when you see one in a group. Its good to know that they will be fixing that. I have been dreading fixing the blocks in all of my turrets and fighters as well. Keep up the awesome work!!

Reactions: Top 4ce

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Orphaniel asked me to do a side by side pic with REX a while ago. Here it is:

Last edited:
    Reactions: Rumcajz