Change Weapon Fire Size Based on Slaves?

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    People asking for weapons fire to get bigger based on array size are pretty common, but I can see how having to dynamically calculate the size of the projectile based on the size of the array in real time could get costly (because if part of the array gets hit and blocks taken out, you'd have to scale down for the next shot, so you'd have to calculate it every single time).

But something I don't think I've seen, what if we changed fire size based on the slaves instead? That would only have to be calculated once, along with the other normal effects.

X/cannon could be smaller than normal, while X/Pulse could be larger than normal. X/Missile already gives unique visual effects, and perhaps X/Beam could include things like tracer round auras that leave streaks behind.

Tertiary effects could add auras around the shots. Ion and EMP could have lightning crackles, explosive could be little fireballs, or whatever else could be dreamed up.

Basically, visual changes that would let you look at what just got shot at you and be able to tell what kind of slave system it has simply from the visual appearance of the shot.

Reaction score
    You have to count the amount of slaved blocks for dps calculations anyway (for every shot). I doubt it would be such a strain on resources to just scale the sprites according to block count.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I'd like projectile size to increase based on block count, but it'd also be nice for unique effects based on slaves. Maybe Cannon/Beam would have a longer projectile, for example?

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    well schema is still working on the particle system so its very likely that in the future we will get some kind of visual que for weapon combinations.