change is good-current state of the game.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Well, it has finally been yet another year of star made. I like to look at games ive played for this long and assess just how good and bad they are doing. in this peticular games case its doing quite well considering.

Right now the new pre build is out for testing so the new changes are actually quite good. hence why my thread title is so posative. things are showing in general an improvement.

A new form of AI are being added to the game, which are actually quite intellegent. albe it they can still improve, they at least are sensably programed according to thier intnded purposes. this is a good thing.

A new texture pack system has been implimented. this makes creating said texture pack even easier now. this too is a good thing.

A new character skin and format for said skin, a character animation system, as well as the missing skin for the recently added personal weapon, all has also been added. this includes the first armor item for the game as well, a hlemet, in addition to its respective skin as well. All this yet agian is also a good thing.

So why am I pointig all this out? well, no reason at all ecept to make you ask. no seriously this time Im actually being sincere. this update really is a good thing coming.

but its not only a good thing coming, it is also a spring board for even better things to come. with this update there are clear signs of where this game is headed.

alot of it was somewhat more or less, obvious, because well lets face it, Minecraft.

I know what your probably thinking, what does that mean right, well, minecraft has a specific design formula. that formula being a sandbox. something this game shares with it.

but all of that is utter fanboiism nonsense so lets move on. what is clear is that some of these new things are making other things clearly obvious, for example progression is one thing that has clearly changed. how you go about playing the game is going to be evolving. right now we have been given some new equipment for our characters. this is clearly hinting on a new system, an equipment inventory system.

most other games do this with an equipment UI window. In minecraft's case the player inventory screen, and the equipment screen are both the same screen, but I actually see maybe schema, may actuyally be going with another seporate UI tab of its own. I based this assumption upon how all the items so far all have thier own customizable "Skins" which in theory could be changed individually. using minecrafts system this would be impossable, because its armor and equipment customization, is done as part of its texture pack.

but this is only part of what is possable in the future because the ground work laid in this update will change so many other things as well. and much of that is too vast for this one post so Ill have end it here for now. all in all it looks really good for Star made in the coming year.