"chain docking only allows 3 deep (for now)"

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This is not much of a suggestion, but I'd like to request one more level of chain docking if possible. My new ship is designed to carry a smaller fighting/utility ship which has a turret. When the new ship is docked to my station I cannot dock the smaller ship, with the subject message. A mildly cumbersome workaround is to shuttle to the larger ship, undock it, shuttle back to the station, and take the smaller ship from the station to the larger ship.

Something odd happens when returning to the station in the larger ship while carrying the smaller ship. The larger ship is allowed to dock at the station, and the turret of the smaller ship "appears" to be left behind floating in space. But it isn't really there. While the turret can be selected with F, it can be flown right through and not entered or activated. Entering the docked smaller ship and undocking it restores the turret in its proper mounted location. This is potentially convenient behavior but I haven't tested its reliability. An alternative is to perform the above workaround procedure in reverse. (Stop, undock smaller ship and return it to the station, shuttle back to the larger ship and dock it.)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I think the chain dock limit should just be removed. It's stupid.

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I think the chain dock limit should just be removed. It's stupid.
    Now that the mothership actually has to carry the weight of everything docked to it having the limit removed could be feasible. I would love to have unlimited docks as you could build a modular station or more modular ships.