Cataloging ship sections and adding to other ships as a unit

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello I was wondering if in future updates will it be possible to catalog setions of a ship or entire ships minus a core and buy them as a single block to be added to other ships (with bounding box rules). So we can have a catalog of custom weapon systems, living quarters, factories and so on...

Basicly we will have a block we can place onto a structure and the second we place it down pops X,Y,Z indicators like in advanced build mode, moving the mouse or flying aorund and clicking will designate X then y then z bounds. Clicking the last bounds will cause the block to vanish just as a Catalog gui opens asking to save the part (everything within the bounding location) as... the block that vanishes will be the exact point and location where the entire section will rotate from and will be visible when the catalogged item is then later purchsed so that placing it will be easy custom and painless.

This will allow users not only to sell ships but weapon systems and so further increasing the want to trade for rare user created items using vanilla blocks. Ehh Just one of my ideas for a mod but would rather see this in game and thanks for the fast bug fixes.

What does everyone else think?

Reaction score
    \"rare user created\" anything is oxymoronic. Everyone can create anything equally, so nothing is \"rare\".

I would also like the option to buy pre-made sections, but i honestly cant see it hapening for quite a while.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    But... the rare part comes if users only upload shells of ships keeping the design of weapon systems and setup to themselves yes everyone can create thing equally but if you both have them same downloaded ship, but different power, weapon and sheilding systems one can cloak and the other cant... I\'m not saying don\'t allow users to upload and download other users ships, that will happen either way. I\'m saying this will add an easier way to make many configurations of one design with ease and more so replace badly damaged sections of ship at cost when added im sure that users would build ship yards and make exclusive ships and what not... rather than just mine to war or mine to trade to war you can sort of mine for a reason. have a job other than just mining and trading like being thats guy who own that battlecarrier and mining rig company in sector..... he has those rigs we saw on youtube for sale!!!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I\'ve imagined another way to do it. It\'s at the bottom of my beta-wish list. I don\'t know if your idea or mine would be more implementable. http://gaeasson-shipwright.blogspot.com/2014/02/my-beta-wish-list.html

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Emitter Turrets?: Energy weapons don\'t need huge linear accelerators on the business-end. All it takes is a mirror, wave guide, or variable magnetic coil to aim in almost any direction. If I had a turret mount physically touching an AM array, could I have a turret that was just a single block with integrated Bobby capability?

Mirrow hull :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Your list is great but some of the requirements for docking is asking for much though I do think my method for adding prebuilt block sections would be easier to implement and less confusing. I also love the blueprinted ship repair dock now that is AWESOME!!! I think that would be implementable right now had you maybe posted you list on this site? Just saying I just dont like the idea of a block taking away a possible roleplaying job is all but I do like the idea if you get into a battle with a large ship you can just dock click repair and all missing or damaged blocks in the blueprint of that ship are replaced at cost or by a plexbox linked to the dock with required resources.