Carpet, Wallpaper, etc

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Was over on the texture forum and Bench mentioned needing to see about how the standard armor texture looks when used at different resolution scales, because "it looks like fabric" at the lower end.

I'd just like to stop and say that brown standard armor is the best berber in the galaxy, and I use it as carpet!

If we end up changing the textures around so that armored hull blocks don't look like carpet samples anymore, could we get some actual carpet blocks?

Come to think of it, currently all of our interior work is done with hulls and armor blocks. I use standard armor for carpet and for my walls because it has no seams (trust me, comments on my berber walls have spontaneously arisen), regular hull for things like tile (so much grey hull in my bathrooms...).

So how about some interior decorating blocks with no seams and very minimal weight? Why keep using heavy armored hulls for carpet when they're not actually doing anything but adding to your overall weight, increasing the number of thrusters you need, and the overall size of the ship to house those extra thrusters?

Just imagine the groovy love machines we could build if we could only put shag on the walls, baby!

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Since the devs have described implementing different rooms in the game, maybe the room-defining element can have a shader-selection system that allows you to select different shaders for the room, to alter block surfaces for the entire room, not the entire build. So in one room, it's very glossy and clinical, and the next room, made out of the exact same blocks, is shagadelic and "fuzzy".

Reactions: QuantumAnomaly
    Reaction score
    OMG YES! I'm pretty sure that the entire starmade community needs this!

Reaction score
    i would love to see blocks for structures. bricks, wood flooring and blocks made for walkways would be nice.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    i would love to see blocks for structures. bricks, wood flooring and blocks made for walkways would be nice.
    Can't tell you how many times I've wished for so much as wood wedges.

Full on wooden planks would be even better!

Reaction score
    I'm slowly putting together a custom block pack that would add some of these. I'd love to hear what kinds of block people would want though. I feel if certain blocks become widely used in custom packs, they will eventually be integrated into the game.