Cargo 'Transport' Block

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    While I don't have a problem with the storage block + cargo space setup as far as space goes given the fact that you can pull anything from any stack anytime, I think a transport block should be added to the system.

A Cargo Transport block would be a storage block that has a larger capacity and gets a larger capacity boost from added space blocks but can only be loaded and unloaded in full stacks in load/unload order. IE removing the random access system adds space.

So .. adding cargo to this block (I'd recommend using the shift-click as the only manual method) fills the space from the last block up (reverse of current) and only the first (top) filled block is available to remove.

Obviously this would not be a system linkable to a salvage array.

I think this would better represent how bulk cargo would be transported, after all, what big cargo hauling system would waste space on a system to pluck a single item from a transport container?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    While I don't have a problem with the storage block + cargo space setup as far as space goes given the fact that you can pull anything from any stack anytime, I think a transport block should be added to the system.

A Cargo Transport block would be a storage block that has a larger capacity and gets a larger capacity boost from added space blocks but can only be loaded and unloaded in full stacks in load/unload order. IE removing the random access system adds space.

So .. adding cargo to this block (I'd recommend using the shift-click as the only manual method) fills the space from the last block up (reverse of current) and only the first (top) filled block is available to remove.

Obviously this would not be a system linkable to a salvage array.

I think this would better represent how bulk cargo would be transported, after all, what big cargo hauling system would waste space on a system to pluck a single item from a transport container?
    Well I worked for Standard Trucking when I was 19 and I can tell you lots of the industry on that side did. I worked the DOD/DLA that is the Defense Logistics Agency I was responsible for maintaining Tracy and Sharpe's Army Depo for 7 years. They did. I worked at the port of Houston as an electrician on a grain elevator and got to know a lot of people and had to deal with train loading and unloading systems. It goes on all over the port. It happens on container ships and large storage areas. The US postal service and most freight companies do it. I had to work with them when working for DOD/DLA.

In short your idea of what goes on in reality is wrong. Sorry, if it seems like I am trying to bash you.

If you create a cargo module and attach it to your ship that is pretty much how stuff is transported. Small items are packed on to pallets usually pallets are organized by destination. Then loaded into a container or back of a truck, The truck may stop several places then off load a pallet. Which may have a few items pulled from it get reshrink rapped an stuck back on the truck. It goes on every single day millions of times.

Last edited: