Captain Chair

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    They've already said that not only are chairs coming, but also I believe that they will be interfaces.

So yeah, this is coming. Not in that detail I'm sure, thats more of a HUD design than anything else, but functional chairs that let you interact with the ship are on the way.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    You want something like a space-fighter FPS game? They have those out there I think...

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    They've already said that not only are chairs coming, but also I believe that they will be interfaces.

So yeah, this is coming. Not in that detail I'm sure, thats more of a HUD design than anything else, but functional chairs that let you interact with the ship are on the way.
    Yeah, they talked about this in the stream a little.

Last edited:

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Would everything be clickable? I can see this working. Just have the central direction cursor be clickable as well, and then steer while click-and-dragging the cursor. Weapons will need to be handled differently. We already want the ability to key-bind systems.

Joystick interfaces will be stranger than normal, but I think it would be a fun change.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Would everything be clickable? I can see this working. Just have the central direction cursor be clickable as well, and then steer while click-and-dragging the cursor. Weapons will need to be handled differently. We already want the ability to key-bind systems.

Joystick interfaces will be stranger than normal, but I think it would be a fun change.
    I doubt it's going to be like that, as cool as it would be. Mentioning joysticks reminded me of an old topic though. Right now joysticks are inferior for control because you can't hit anything you shoot at. I need to go look for that thread so I don't have to write a new one...