Can't use any mod

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Hello,

I'm playing Starmade with Starmade Launcher, it looks like "holo dark blue" GUI. When i hit Launch, a new window open, white and grey, with lots of options. From here i can select solo or server etc.

From Steam i can't launch the game, i have the older launcher (white/grey ugly) and then nothing happens, back to Steam. So i made a shortcut on my desk, launching ".../StarMade/starmade-launcher"

I can play Starmade without trouble, this way. I thought.

I can't load any mod, even simply changing the skybox. It has no effect, and ingame i still have the default one, solo or server game. From this screen i can change texture packs, i only have 2 choices : Default and Pixel, but in the game's folder i can see also Realistic, and i've installer DirtySpace too.

I tried new skybox, HUD, textures... nothing. My folders seem to be in good order (i'm on Linux Mint 17.3 64 bits) :

/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/StarMade/StarMade/data/textures/block/

or

/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/StarMade/StarMade/data/sky/generic/

Even this doesn't work, with new skybox in /generic folder i still have the default one.

What's wrong ?

Thanks

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Hello,

I'm playing Starmade with Starmade Launcher, it looks like "holo dark blue" GUI. When i hit Launch, a new window open, white and grey, with lots of options. From here i can select solo or server etc.

From Steam i can't launch the game, i have the older launcher (white/grey ugly) and then nothing happens, back to Steam. So i made a shortcut on my desk, launching ".../StarMade/starmade-launcher"

I can play Starmade without trouble, this way. I thought.

I can't load any mod, even simply changing the skybox. It has no effect, and ingame i still have the default one, solo or server game. From this screen i can change texture packs, i only have 2 choices : Default and Pixel, but in the game's folder i can see also Realistic, and i've installer DirtySpace too.

I tried new skybox, HUD, textures... nothing. My folders seem to be in good order (i'm on Linux Mint 17.3 64 bits) :

/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/StarMade/StarMade/data/textures/block/

or

/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/StarMade/StarMade/data/sky/generic/

Even this doesn't work, with new skybox in /generic folder i still have the default one.

What's wrong ?

Thanks
    Likely you are inserting the mod into the wrong install folder, if you unknowingly have multiple ones. When running the starmade launcher, open the installation settings and check the installation path. It will point to the correct install folder.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Oh... I've discovered i have another StarMade folder in my games folder... Now i have shiny nebulaes and new textures ! Thanks.