Can't upload pictures

Reaction score
    Heya I can't upload any picture into forum posts. The "search and select" dialogue pops up and I can take a file (smaller than 1MB) and after clicking "ok" it does nothing.

Aesthetics

Dark Lord of the Sith
    Reaction score
    Heya I can't upload any picture into forum posts. The "search and select" dialogue pops up and I can take a file (smaller than 1MB) and after clicking "ok" it does nothing.
    I don't have the option to do that, at all. You'll have to put up images using the image tab that shows up when typing or editing a post, and putting in an image URL from Imgur or any other image hosting site. It doesn't fix your problem, but it is a workaround.

Reaction score
    I don't have the option to do that, at all. You'll have to put up images using the image tab that shows up when typing or editing a post, and putting in an image URL from Imgur or any other image hosting site. It doesn't fix your problem, but it is a workaround.
    I can confirm that. It even autoformats imgur links if you just paste them into the post.

But I just hope uploading images will be here again, as external hoster image links often break. I now made an extra account on imgur so the images I show in this forum dont get deleted after 1 month.

Its not cool if you require your users to have two accounts instead of one. And 50% of the image links break because most users dont care to use an extra imgur account, resulting with many Community Content uploads and Shipyard posts that dont show me the images of ships anymore. Not good in a forum for a creative game imo. Even though it saves bandwidth I preffer to upload images so the links never break.

Aesthetics

Dark Lord of the Sith
    Reaction score
    I now made an extra account on imgur so the images I show in this forum dont get deleted after 1 month.
    That isn't necessary, as far as I'm aware. Images I've posted with Imgur have stayed long after their "sell by" date of a month, here, at least.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    There might be references to certain unnamed image hosters who stop serving images after they have been viewed a certain number of times or something along those lines. (Grr, Photobucket, Grr....)