Can't play after latest update.

Reaction score
    Hi, as stated I am no longer able to play since the latest update. I know that Intel graphics cards are often the problem but I do not have an Intel graphics card, I have nVidia. My CPU is Intel though, but I though the problem is only when the GPU is Intel?

Here are my specs:

And here is the error message:

Should I just revert to an old version of the game for now? I haven't heard about nVidia causing problems for anyone else yet.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yes, that nVidia part should and does work fine. What is happening is that your computer also has an Intel GPU, and uses it when not gaming (uses less power than the nvidia one). It isn\'t switching in time to get by the loading screen.

You need to force java and Starmade to use the nvidia card. You set that in the nvidia control panel somewhere, though I cannot give exact instructions (I have an AMD card, and its a desktop.) You seem to be fairly good with tech (by the fact you can already get into the control panel and have N++ pinned to the taskbar), so I assume you can figure this out. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I also have the same issue, After the new update I can\'t get on the game at all. It just stopps loading and comes up with the same errors as everyone else. I updated all my drivers and still nothing.

Reaction score
    My game is now working fine again with the lastest version 0.09392. The game doesn\'t crash so it was only whatever happened with the previous update.

How can you tell I also have an Intel GPU? I have an Intel CPU but my GPU is nVidia, or does that make no difference? In my drivers panel under \"Display Adapters\" it has two options, Intel Graphics Family and the nVidia GeForce GT 525M. I checked the properties for the Inel one but it doesn\'t give any specifications or ID numbers.

On another note, will this also make the game stop having massive frame rate drops near planets/structure, by forcing it to use nVidia?