Can't Pay Off Base?

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So on a server I was setting up a warp gate between spawn and my home base, several systems away. Quick detour to kill a pirate base that was too close to where I wanted to put the gate exit, and I find an abandoned station right next to it. A cathedral. You know, the church ship with the big honking turret gun and more shields than God?

Perfecto, this is the best defense I could ask for for the other side of my warp gate! Ran in, dropped a faction block and a build block (then found the default build block closer to the entrance and removed the second one), and decided to get to work on paying it off so that I could make a true functioning base out of it.

Thing is, I can't get the window to come up to pay for it.

I hit M when right next to blocks inside the base, and nothing happens. I hit M inside the base in a more open area, I get the "What do you want to name your new station?" window, but clicking okay does not put down a block and does not cost me any creds.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a bug with the game itself? Did the "pay for the station" button change? I currently don't even know how much it will cost to pay this thing off because it won't show me the interface for it.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    And the answer is that I'm an idiot. I modified the HUD config file to move the popup message off the advanced build controls so the server messages would stop making me pause while building, and pushed it clear off the screen.

For the record, 1.3 billion credits to repair a cathedral ship. Screw that, its not even that pretty inside.