can't login on servers.

Reaction score
    yep. i no longer can login on servers i used to play on.

reason:

Login failed:

server reject: this name is protected on this server.
    either not uplinked or name belongs to another user...

that's about it.

The problem is: I'm the legit owner of this account. i'm uplinked to starmade.org
    but still. even after deinstalling and reinstalling the game it gives me the same error message...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If you didn\'t notice, the text on the big News window you see when launching the game says \"Security upgrade\", the way how you uplink works differently on the latest full build, so your old version\'s uplinking doesn\'t work.

All you need to do is to use that \"Update and install latest version\" button that\'s always to be used, and you will be able to log in your servers.

Reaction score
    that did not help and i for one cannot get on a server after uplinking a couple times and i uptdated and installed latest version!

Reaction score
    I\'ve installed the latest version and I can not get on multiplayer server as well. I also get the message \"server reject: this name is protected on this server.either not uplinked or name belongs to another user...\" I\'ve played on the server for a while and never had a problem.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Hey folks, thanks for reporting this. I\'ll make sure everyone important sees this. If any of you have any additional information on this, put it here please.

Reaction score
    exactly WHAT it says:

Server Reject: this login name is protectd on this server!

You er aren\'t logged in via uplink,

or the protected name belongs to another user!

Please use the \"Uplink\" menu to authenticae this name!

Which is totally chinese for \"your account hates you and doesnt wanna let you play it!\" its SO annoying I cant get into Vivacitas!!!

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    same here.....

Server Reject: this login name is protected on this server!

You either aren\'t logged in via uplink,

or the protected name belongs to another user!

Please use the \"Uplink\" menu to authenticate this name!

could there be some problem with servers recognising our login_code?

Reaction score
    i always update when i see a new version...

i did this before i even posted this thread.didn\'t help me tough.

some people try to solve their problems on their own before they cry for help.

Reaction score
    Interesting, gonna look into this, I think I know a way to solve it, but it might involve the servers rather than the clients, I\'ll report my findings in this thread.

Reaction score
    My rumors were correct: the problem lies at the hosts/servers.

Due to StarMade\'s new way of handling security with both this update and the previous one that allows more than one nickname to be uplinked to an account, the old security file would cause issues for specific players.

The host/server can fix all issues by removing this file and letting the server generate a new one, and telling everybody to re-uplink. A problem will obviously be vulnerability... But if you organise this proces a bit, it should happen without a hitch (just remember to remove all admins except yourself from the admin file for the time being, till all of them re-uplink).

For server hosts: the file is located in the root folder and called \"protected.txt\".